Last week, I posted a tweet that if I was reborn, I would become a Tottenham Hotspur supporter simply because of The Spurs Show podcast. And I meant it. Most of the readers here know me as a Swansea City supporter, but there’s something completely endearing, refreshing, honest and depressing about being a regular listener to The Spurs Show that makes me feel closer to the pain one must feel supporting THFC.
I don’t typically recommend club podcasts. They tend to be too biased, boring and lacking any real content. But The Spurs Show is different. It pulls you in right from the get-go with host Phil Cornwell’s brilliant delivery of his Harry Redknapp impression, which is just as good as his Martin Jol one.
Cornwell, you see, is an English thespian, who has appeared on many British television shows over the years as well as being a stand-up comedian. It’s his mix of comedy and deep passion for Tottenham Hotspur that is so refreshing, while co-host Mike Leigh (also a well-known person on the British comedy circuit) is the perfect balance to Cornwell, keeping him in line but carrying the conversation forward with their obvious love and knowledge of the game and, more importantly, their club.
So, it’s with great pleasure that we bring you an interview with Phil Cornwell on the latest episode of the EPL Talk Podcast. The interview is special for many different reasons, but it also marks the debut of Stephen Darwin, one of three hosts of the EPL Talk Podcast (including me and Kartik Krishnaiyer). Stephen, Kartik and I will continue bringing you interviews with some of the biggest names in English football.
Enjoy the podcast episode. And if you haven’t had a chance to listen to The Spurs Show yet, it’s required listening whether you’re a Tottenham supporter or not. It’s one of the highlights each week on my iPod, and is always laugh-out loud funny. Check out The Spurs Show on iTunes.
Here are the different ways you can listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast:
• Listen to all of our episodes of the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Spotify,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Pandora app and website,
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher,
• Subscribe to the podcast via Google Play,
• Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk Podcasts page
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on iTunes,
• Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn, Overcast, Soundcloud, Spreaker, YouTube and Audioboom.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season