It’s the busiest time of the English soccer season, and there’s plenty to talk about from the past week as we have FA Cup and Premier League matches in the bag as well as the shady Frank Lampard deal, Steven Gerrard coming to America and much more.
But before we get to that, we want to congratulate World Soccer Talk listener Len Livingstone for winning the advance copy of the new book, ‘The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho.’ Congrats Len!
Interact with the pod using hashtag #WSTPod on Twitter.
Listen to the episode via this link or using the above player.
Here are the different ways you can listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast:
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher,
• Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk Podcasts page
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on iTunes,
• Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn, Soundcloud and Audioboom
• Download the World Soccer Talk app for iPhone, iPad and iOS devices or Android devices.
Nick Webster: Nick has been involved in football longer than most of us have been alive. He had trials for Watford and QPR, and has coached High School, College, Club and semi-pro. Plus, he’s part of US Open Cup history with Cal FC and the Atlanta Silverbacks. Nick currently holds the NSCAA Premier coaching diploma and has earned all his USSF coaching badges from A-E.
Prior to World Soccer Talk, Nick was a producer and host on FOX Soccer Channel, where he co-hosted FOX Football Fone-In. Nick commentated Chivas USA games for KDOC LA56.
Read the interview with Nick Webster.
Nate Abaurrea: Nate is a radio sportscaster, writer, stand-up comedian, and soccer coach located in Redding, California. Originally from Watsonville, a futbol crazy town in Santa Cruz County, Nate is a graduate of Humboldt State University where he majored in Broadcast Journalism. Soccer is one his true loves in life, and he is an avid Liverpool FC, San Jose Earthquakes, and United States National Team supporter. Road trips, sake & sushi outings, and late night terrace inspired singing are some of his hobbies. His greatest heroes include Bill Shankly, Richard Pryor, Diego Maradona, Hunter S. Thompson, and Jon Miller. In addition to the World Soccer Talk Pod, Nate’s work can be heard on AM 1460 in Redding and online at KCNR1460.com, where he is the lead radio voice for live coverage of Northern California college and high school sports.
Read the interview with Nate Abaurrea.
Kartik Krishnaiyer. A lifelong lover of soccer, the beautiful game, he served from January 2010 until May 2013 as the Director of Communications and Public Relations for the North American Soccer League (NASL).
Raised on the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the old NASL, Krishnaiyer previously hosted the American Soccer Show on the Champions Soccer Radio Network, the Major League Soccer Talk podcast and the EPL Talk Podcast.
His soccer writing has been featured by several media outlets including The Guardian and The Telegraph. He rejoins World Soccer Talk as a writer, and podcast host.
Robin Burt: Happily married with two children, Robin lives in Los Angeles. He was born in London and moved to LA in 1991. Avid West Ham supporter, his first game at the Boleyn Ground was against Liverpool on December 18, 1976 – the Hammers ran out winners that day 2-0. Boyhood heroes include Billy Bonds, Trevor Brooking, Alan Devonshire, Frank Lampard Senior, Frank McAvennie and Phil Parkes.
Robin is a marketing executive with over 25 years’ experience in the entertainment business working for American Film Market, Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles Philharmonic, Special Olympics and the Organizing Committee for the 1994 World Cup.
Read the interview with Robin Burt.
Nicky Holender: After a successful career as a professional soccer player with Peterborough United and IK Lyn, Nicky Holender transformed his athletic skills into the E.P.I.C. Lifestyle System that he now uses to train professional athletes like Saloman Kalou, Sasha Andrews and Stephen Ireland.
Nicky also appears regularly on TV in shows like The Kendra Show and Shedding for the Wedding and is the go-to personal trainer for celebrities like Gerard Butler, Graham Mctavish (The Hobbit & Outlander), Chinedu Obasi (Schalke and Nigeria) and Victor Anichebe (West Brom and Nigeria), Kendra Wilkinson, Mel B and Chris Harrison
Follow ouron Twitter:
World Soccer Talk: @worldsoccertalk
Nick Webster: @NickWebster
Kartik Krishnaiyer: @kkfla737
Nate Abaurrea: @DarthNater99
David Mosse: @StatManMosse
Robin Burt: @burtiboy11
Nicky Holender: @NickyHolender
Grant Kerr: @GrantKerrMedia
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Arsenal vs. Spurs on US TV
- Arsenal vs Spurs: TV coverage details
- Premier League All-Star game reportedly still in the works
- Christopher Nkunku already completed Chelsea medical – reports
- Bundesliga adds two new statistics to broadcast, app
- EPL commentator schedule: October 1-3
- American businessman reportedly in talks to buy Everton
- Alfie Haaland suggests his son could soon leave Manchester City
- How DAZN acquiring Eleven Sports affects soccer fans in USA
- Where to find Puebla vs. América on US TV