Arsenal’s six year drought without silverware persists while a 48-year dry spell ends for Birmingham City on what announcers called the biggest day in the club’s history. On Sunday, Brum got an 89th minute goal from Obafemi Martins en route to a 2-1 win over the Gunners and the Carling Cup. Arsenal, on the other hand, saw their defending fail them at a crucial time, something that is sure to give new life to the criticisms heard countless times by this squad.
On this edition of the EPL Talk Podcast, myself and co-hosts Kartik Krishnaiyer and Laurence McKenna pay tribute to the Blues’ achievement while asking where the loss leaves Arsenal. We also talk about a weekend’s worth of action that saw strong results for who relegation battlers while Manchester United restored their four point lead.
Then, we look forward to Tuesday, when Chelsea and United will meet for the first time this season. Along the way, we get to your feedback on this, the weekend review show.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Frankfurt ready to rock Rangers in Seville under Borre’s influence
- Late goal spree takes Moroccan club Berkane to CAF Cup final
- Brentford duo report racist abuse of family at Everton
- Mbappe says decision ‘almost’ made over PSG future
- Martinez brace ensures Inter take title race to final week
- Suarez bids Atletico farewell as Sevilla qualify for Champions League
- Sevilla draw with Atletico to qualify for Champions League
- Orlando Pirates reach CAF Cup final despite shock home defeat
- What is the best soccer game you have watched?
- Pochettino says French title ‘not enough’ but PSG can rebuild