Paris (AFP) – Neymar will miss Paris Saint-Germain’s trip to Lyon on Sunday night with a thigh problem, the Ligue 1 leaders said on the eve of the game.
PSG said the world’s most expensive player had a “pain in his right thigh”.
The Brazilian already missed last weekend’s 1-0 victory at Nantes with a rib injury but returned to score four goals and set up two more in the 8-0 win over Dijon on Wednesday, PSG’s record home victory.
His performance in that game was slightly clouded by boos from the Parc des Princes crowd when he stepped up to take a penalty to score his fourth goal.
PSG fans had been hoping Edinson Cavani would take it to get the goal he needed to become the club’s outright all-time leading scorer — he is currently level with Zlatan Ibrahimovic on 156.
Unai Emery’s side are currently nine points clear of Marseille at the Ligue 1 summit, with Lyon two points further back in third.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season