For the ultimate soccer fan, watching European soccer leagues requires a mix of services and subscriptions. Just looking at the top five leagues, fans require ESPN+, Paramount+, Peacock Premium and a provider that carries beIN SPORTS.
Evidently, those costs add up. Fortunately, the main streaming services pile up when it comes to the leagues and competitions they carry. For instance, ESPN+ provides access to the top flights in Spain, Germany, Netherlands and United States. Similarly, Paramount+ has coverage of Serie A, the Champions League, Scottish Premiership and more.
Quantity versus quality
Therefore, when it comes to value, there are practically two ways of looking at it. One is overall cost per game. Some providers have more content than others, even if the prices are equal or near-equal. Quantity can be great if the viewer just wants to watch.
The other parameter to consider for the streaming service with the best value for soccer fans is the quality of the leagues included. Holding the rights to a number of competitions is great. However, if those competitions are not necessarily impressive or entertaining, then there is no true value.
Of course, it comes down to a hybrid of those two. It is also important to note that soccer is far from the only thing on the following three streaming platforms. While ESPN+ is devoted to live sports and related content, Paramount+ and Peacock arguably focus more on non-sports content than they do on the sports coverage.
Movies, TV shows and live news and TV coverage are all part of the selection of content.
Of course, that is accessory information to soccer fans hunting the best value for their streaming service.
Streaming service with the best value for soccer fans
Each of the ‘big three’ streaming services soccer fans use offer an annual plan. When comparing that with the total number of games on that streaming platform, you get a cost per each game.
This is a very raw way of looking at the information, but it does demonstrate the options available for each platform.
|Annual no. of games||2400||180||5400|
|Cost per game||$0.02||$0.27||$0.018|
Unsurprisingly, the best value per game when it comes to soccer streaming services is ESPN+. With so many leagues exclusive to the streaming service, it is no surprise that the cost per game shoots straight down.
Quantity vs. Quality
ESPN+’s highlight of its lineup is the Bundesliga or LaLiga. While these are popular leagues, they do not have the same vigor of some of the competitors for best streaming service value for soccer fans.
For comparison, the 180 games on Peacock Premium are all Premier League games exclusive to the streaming platform. Oftentimes, due to the calamity of the Premier League, these exclusive games feature major teams in fixtures of high significance.
Similarly, Paramount+ carries Serie A and the UEFA Champions League. Both of those competitions have studio crews that provide in-depth and entertaining coverage of the competitions to supplement the live broadcasts.
Comment below which streaming service holds the most value for you as a soccer fan. Does it come down to the quality of games and the surrounding coverage, or do you want the most availability and flexibility of more games from more countries?
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss
- Bundesliga in talks with private equity firms to sell media rights
- Gareth Bale debuts own craft beer ahead of World Cup