The game, set for Friday, Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. ET from Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, is a tune-up for one of the World Cup favorites. Lionel Messi’s Argentina, who enter with the fourth-best odds to win the World Cup, take on a Honduras side that failed to qualify.
General public sales open Friday, August 26, at 10 a.m. ET, in one of Lionel Messi’s last international fixtures in the United States. Tickets on sale for Argentina vs Honduras are sure to go quickly, so don’t delay.
Tickets on sale for Argentina vs Honduras
Get $20 off your purchase
Get $20 off your $200+ order. Use SOCCERTALK20 promo code at checkout
Hard Rock Stadium is not a new venue for Lionel Messi. The Argentina and PSG star played in a famous El Clásico at the stadium back in 2017. Then, he represented Barcelona taking on fierce rivals Real Madrid.
Since then, much changed for the player, his national team and, of course, his club. Presently, he can proudly say he is an international champion. He captained Argentina to the Copa America in 2021. Now, he has his sights set on Argentina’s third World Cup in its illustrious history.
Honduras failed to qualify out of CONCACAF ahead of the 2022 World Cup. Los Catrachos failed to pick up a win in its 14 games in the octagonal. All it could muster was four draws to go along with 10 losses. Consequently, Honduras finished bottom of CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying.
Therefore, this is not an overly challenging test for Argentina. Rather it comes as an opportunity for manager Lionel Scaloni to test out what works and, perhaps more importantly, what does not work. This is the last time Argentina will be able to play in fixtures with each other until the World Cup starts in November. Therefore, any final tune-ups need to be ironed out here against Honduras. Otherwise, Argentina may be out of the running for the World Cup.
Argentina send off for the World Cup
This is not the only fixture Argentina has lined up ahead of the World Cup, however. Just a couple days after August 26, Argentina will travel north to take on Jamaica in Harrison, New Jersey. The venue for that game is Red Bull Arena, home of New York Red Bulls from Major League Soccer. Tickets for the Argentina vs Jamaica game go on sale starting Friday, August 26.
Jamaica, like Honduras, failed to qualify out of CONCACAF. Yet, this friendly serves much of the same purpose as that against Honduras. Scaloni can give some players a last chance to try and crack into the eventual World Cup squad. Plus, he can test out tactics against unfamiliar opponents to see if there is anything he wants to try or avoid come the tournament.
For Americans, why not take an opportunity to watch Lionel Messi don the sky blue and white? It can help provide a teaser to what will be on our TVs come November and December.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Umbro releases alternative World Cup kit collection
- Cristiano Ronaldo expected to leave Manchester United in January
- Real’s Perez hopes Super League closes gap with US sports
- Soccer player misses game due to Xbox injury
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Rangers on US TV
- Where to find Inter vs. Barcelona on US TV
- Where to find Frankfurt vs. Spurs on US TV
- Thomas Partey’s health is necessary for Arsenal and Ghana
- Vinícius and Foden should be in the ‘best young talent’ talk
- US Soccer releases report detailing abusive behavior in NWSL