Rome (Italy) (AFP) – Young Belgium striker Charles De Ketelaere was due to complete his transfer to AC Milan from Brugge on Tuesday, Italian media reported.
The 21-year-old, who has eight Belgium caps, arrived in Milan on Monday night and was greeted by a few fans.
He began his medical in the morning ahead of signing his contract with the Serie A champions.
De Ketelaere tweeted a tribute to home-town club Brugge, which he joined at the age of seven, on Twitter.
“I want to thank Club Bruges for giving me the opportunity since I was a child to belong to their ranks, for making my dreams come true, for having trained me as a professional player,” he wrote on Monday evening.
AC Milan reportedly offered 35 million euros ($36 million) including bonuses.
He is Milan’s third signing of the summer following another Belgian striker, Divock Origi from Liverpool and French midfielder Yacine Adli from Bordeaux.
But the Serie A champions have lost defensive midfielder Franck Kessie to Barcelona and central defender Alessio Romagnoli to Lazio.
AC Milan will open their title defence on 13 August at home to Udinese.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo