London (AFP) – Kateryna Monzul will referee the Women’s Euro 2022 final between England and Germany at Wembley on Sunday, European football governing UEFA has announced.
The 41-year-old Ukrainian is the first referee from her country to take charge of a Women’s Euro final.
An experienced official, Monzul was also the first women to referee an England men’s game when she oversaw their World Cup qualifier against Andorra in October 2021.
Prior to that, she had already made history as the first female referee for matches in the Ukraine men’s Premier League in 2016.
Monzul has also officiated at three Women’s World Cups including being the referee for the 2015 final when the United States beat Japan 5-2, as well as men’s matches in the Europa League and Europa Conference League and the Nations League.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo