London (AFP) – Leeds signed Denmark defender Rasmus Kristensen from RB Salzburg for a reported £8.5 million ($10.6 million) on Wednesday.
Kristensen agreed a five-year deal with the Premier League club and will officially move to Elland Road on July 1.
The 24-year-old right-back has six caps for Denmark and helped Salzburg win the Austrian title this season.
Kristensen is Leeds’ second signing from Salzburg following United States midfielder Brenden Aaronson’s arrival in Yorkshire on May 26.
Leeds will be without right-back Luke Ayling at the start of next season after he had surgery on his long-standing knee injury, leaving a void that Kristensen can fill.
Leeds boss Jesse Marsch, who worked with Kristensen during his time at Salzburg, said: “Rasmus is a player who developed a lot over the last three years.
“He established himself at Red Bull Salzburg as one of their best players, a very good Champions League full-back, and a Danish international.
“I am totally convinced that he will continue to grow into a great Premier League full-back as well.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season