Liverpool (AFP) – Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has insisted he is “happy” with Mohamed Salah’s contract situation.
British media reports at the weekend suggested the Egypt forward, currently on a deal that will keep him at Anfield to 2023, was close to agreeing a new contract that would keep him with Liverpool until the end of his career.
Klopp, asked about the 29-year-old star striker’s contract position at his pre-match press conference ahead of Tuesday’s Champions League tie with Benfica, said: “I’m happy with it because there’s nothing new to say.
“It is good. The decisive parties are talking to each other and that’s all I need.”
The German boss added he had a full squad available for Tuesday’s quarter-final first leg in Portugal, with Curtis Jones, Joel Matip and Trent Alexander-Arnold all fit.
“I think Curtis was just a little swelling (after Saturday’s 2-0 Premier League win over Watford), (but is) fine. Same with Joel,” said Klopp.
“And Trent trained now four or five days, not sure exactly, but he is ready as well.”
Naby Keita, who missed Saturday’s match with a knee problem, also trained on Monday.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Harmony reigns as Ancelotti and Real Madrid proves a winning combination
- Real Madrid remain Europe’s most valuable football club: report
- Tearful Mourinho hails Conference League ‘history’ for Roma
- Mbappe’s rumored benefits allow too much power for one player
- Zaniolo fires Roma to Conference League triumph over Feyenoord
- Kompany ‘parts ways’ with Belgium’s Anderlecht
- FOX & fuboTV’s UEFA Nations League plans raise concerns
- Robertson urges Scotland to put sentiment aside in Ukraine play-off
- Klopp confident Thiago will be fit for Champions League final
- Salah staying at Liverpool ‘for sure’ next season as Mane hints at exit