Paris (AFP) – PSG forward Kylian Mbappe had a “reassuring” medical checkup after being kicked in training and should be fit to face Real Madrid in the Champions League round of 16 on Wednesday, the club said.
“Kylian Mbappe received a blow to his left foot in training today. He had treatment this afternoon,” Paris Saint-Germain said in a statement on Monday.
“The clinical examination is reassuring and another check will be done in 24 hours’ time.”
Mbappe scored the only goal in the first leg of the tie at the Parc des Princes on February 15.
PSG were toothless in front of goal without the suspended Frenchman in the 1-0 Ligue 1 defeat to Nice on Saturday.
Mbappe is out of contract in June and Real Madrid seem to be in the driving seat to secure his services, although PSG still hope to persuade him to stay.
Sergio Ramos, the veteran Spanish defender who spent 16 years at Real before joining PSG last summer, will definitely miss Wednesday’s game at the Bernabeu due to a calf injury.
Former Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera is also ruled out as he is suffering from conjunctivitis.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find Newcastle vs. Arsenal on US TV
- Frankfurt ready to rock Rangers in Seville under Borre’s influence
- Late goal spree takes Moroccan club Berkane to CAF Cup final
- Brentford duo report racist abuse of family at Everton
- Mbappe says decision ‘almost’ made over PSG future
- Martinez brace ensures Inter take title race to final week
- Suarez bids Atletico farewell as Sevilla qualify for Champions League
- Sevilla draw with Atletico to qualify for Champions League
- Orlando Pirates reach CAF Cup final despite shock home defeat
- What is the best soccer game you have watched?