Glasgow (AFP) – Aberdeen sacked manager Stephen Glass on Sunday after less than a year in the job.
Glass was berated by fans after a 2-1 defeat in the Scottish Cup to Motherwell on Saturday.
The Dons sit ninth in the Scottish Premiership and are yet to win in the league this year.
“Aberdeen FC this morning confirms the departure of manager Stephen Glass,” the club said in a statement.
“The process to appoint a new manager will commence immediately and a further update regarding the club’s interim coaching team will be communicated shortly.”
Glass replaced Derek McInnes, who had been at the helm for eight years, last March, returning to the club where he made more than 100 appearances as a player between 1994 and 1998.
After leading Aberdeen to a fourth-placed finish last year, the 45-year-old has struggled for results this season with early exits in the League Cup and Europa Conference League exacerbating their poor league form.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Euro titles ‘no help’ to Mourinho ahead of Conference League final
- Premier League approve Boehly’s takeover of Chelsea
- Premier League board approve Chelsea takeover by Boehly group
- Top 15 US TV markets for Premier League viewership
- England boss Southgate concerned by rise in fan disorder
- Who is the greatest soccer player of all time?
- Spurs make £150m investment as Conte eyes transfer splash
- Real Madrid will keep winning without Mbappe, says Casemiro
- New CEO aims to make Bundesliga world’s ‘most digital league’
- UK government in talks with ‘international partners’ over Chelsea sale