The Premier League title race got that much closer last week. West Ham United, which themselves currently sit at fourth in the table, unseated the reigning Champions League winners, Chelsea. A dramatic 3-2 for the Irons dropped Chelsea from first in the table down to third.
Chelsea is by no means out of the title race. After all, we are not even halfway through the season. Yet, every game counts.
Getting things started this weekend, another Friday fixture welcomes the weekend’s action. A pair of newly promoted teams, Brentford and Watford, look to improve on each club’s bottom-half-of-the-table position.
On Saturday, four of the top six sides on the table are in action, although none play each other. Ralf Rangnick looks for two EPL wins in two games as the interim-manager of Manchester United when the Red Devils travel to bottom-of-the-table Norwich. Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City are all at home this weekend.
Manchester City has the toughest opponent of the three in the table. Wolves travels to the Etihad, while Liverpool welcomes Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa and Chelsea face Leeds.
With Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all playing in the 10 a.m. window on Saturday, NBC will air Goal Rush for those three games. Also, studio coverage this weekend features Rebecca Lowe as host with Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe. Earle also features on Friday with Danny Higginbotham working with Paul Burmeister.
Back to the action, Sunday had four games scheduled, but that will not be the case. The ongoing COVID-19 issues at Tottenham forced the club to reschedule its fixture against Brighton and Hove Albion. Tottenham already missed an EPL and Europa Conference League game with COVID issues.
Now, there are just three games, highlighted by Crystal Palace hosting Everton and West Ham traveling to Burnley.
NBC Commentators: Gameweek 16
Friday, Dec. 10
Saturday, Dec. 11
10 a.m. — Chelsea vs. Leeds United. Peacock Premium. — Gary Weaver and Efan Ekoku.
Sunday, Dec. 12
POSTPONED — Brighton and Hove Albion vs. Tottenham.
9 a.m. — Leicester City vs. Newcastle. Peacock Premium. — Jim Proudfoot and Jim Beglin.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Liverpool fans confident Reds will bounce back after Champions League setback
- Salah’s Egyptian fans share in his Champions League misery
- UEFA blames ‘fake tickets’ for Champions League final delay
- Courtois earns respect with heroics to thwart Liverpool in Champions League final
- Liverpool will ‘come again’ after anticlimactic end to stellar season
- ‘I can’t do much more’ to win Ballon d’Or – Benzema
- Families of Liverpool staff caught up in Champions League final chaos – Klopp
- ‘Fake tickets’ to blame for Champions League final delay, UEFA say
- Real Madrid win Champions League; Ancelotti breaks record
- Ancelotti keeps calm amid the storm to make Real Madrid champions again