Madrid (AFP) – Ousmane Dembele, out for four months after surgery on his right knee, is one of four players recalled to the Barcelona squad to face Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League, the club announced on Monday.
France international winger Dembele returned to training with the squad on October 11 for the first time after injuring a knee playing for France against Hungary at the European Championship in June.
He underwent surgery on June 28 in Finland.
Barcelona are third in their group but only a point behind Benfica in second.
Sergi Barjuan has also been able to recall striker Ansu Fati, who missed two games, midfielder Frenkie de Jong, who injured a thigh in the Clasico on October 24, and defender Ronald Araujo for the match in Kiev on Tuesday.
But the interim coach will be without Gerard Pique, who strained a calf in the draw with Alaves on Saturday and striker Sergio Aguero, who was diagnosed with a heart problem after the game and remains under observation.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- ‘Next Messi’ Bojan learned, suffered in itinerant career
- Finalists Orlando Pirates vow to avoid another Moroccan mauling
- Arsenal face Chelsea, Everton and Orlando on US summer tour
- ‘All heroes’ – Trapp hails support as Frankfurt win Europa League
- Eintracht Frankfurt beat Rangers on penalties to win Europa League
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women footballers
- Tuchel tells Chelsea to prepare for ‘rebuilding’ to keep up with rivals
- Charlotte vs Chelsea tickets on sale for July 20 clash
- ‘Uncomfortable’ Magath plots against old club Hamburg in play-off
- Senegal probing feared homophobic attack by mob