Madrid (AFP) – Ousmane Dembele, out for four months after surgery on his right knee, is one of four players recalled to the Barcelona squad to face Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League, the club announced on Monday.
France international winger Dembele returned to training with the squad on October 11 for the first time after injuring a knee playing for France against Hungary at the European Championship in June.
He underwent surgery on June 28 in Finland.
Barcelona are third in their group but only a point behind Benfica in second.
Sergi Barjuan has also been able to recall striker Ansu Fati, who missed two games, midfielder Frenkie de Jong, who injured a thigh in the Clasico on October 24, and defender Ronald Araujo for the match in Kiev on Tuesday.
But the interim coach will be without Gerard Pique, who strained a calf in the draw with Alaves on Saturday and striker Sergio Aguero, who was diagnosed with a heart problem after the game and remains under observation.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season