With the Premier League consistently having thrilling matches each week, the NBC Premier League commentators stay busy. For example, the Leicester City-Manchester United fixture from a week ago produced six goals, many of which were from the top drawer.
Now, as we enter gameweek nine a handful of games draw more attention than others. Among them, the biggest rivalry in English soccer writes its newest chapter.
On Sunday morning, Manchester United hosts Liverpool. Manchester United is experiencing one of the most up-and-down seasons in recent memory. Dramatic come-from-behind wins in the Champions League separate a run of poor results domestically. The Red Devils currently sit at sixth in the table with one point from their previous three league games.
Contrarily, Liverpool remains steady. A perfect Champions League record couples a second-place standing in the league. Liverpool trails only Chelsea by one point. Last week, Liverpool thrashed Watford, 5-0, with Roberto Firmino bagging a hat trick.
To start your Premier League coverage this weekend, a Friday contest between Arsenal and Aston Villa gets the set of fixtures going. Arsenal, unbeaten in their last five in the league, sits one spot ahead of Aston Villa, who is 13th in the table.
On Saturday, a quietly strong side in Brighton host Manchester City. While not a star-studded team, Brighton is fourth in the table. On the other hand, Manchester City is full of stars and they are just ahead of the Seagulls at third in the table, just two points ahead of Brighton.
Following that game, Sunday’s action includes a game between West Ham and Tottenham. Both teams currently sit in European spots, with Champions League potential a certain possibility. Tottenham is fifth in the table with five wins and three losses. West Ham is level with Manchester United on points.
Premier League coverage this weekend
For the first time this season, NBC’s studio crew will be on the road for their shows covering the Premier League. Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe and Tim Howard make the trip to Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for the Premier League Mornings Fan Festival.
READ MORE: NBC’s Premier League coverage heading to Los Angeles.
As usual, the crew picks up with their normal set of studio shows. On Saturday, a pair of Premier League Mornings Live airs from the vaunted football stadium in Los Angeles. Coverage starts at 7 a.m. ET before kickoff between Chelsea and Norwich.
Also on Saturday, Goal Rush continues its run. The whip-around style shows keeps you up-to-date with the goals and major moments from around the 10 a.m. kickoffs on Saturday.
A two-hour Premier League Mornings keeps the fan festival going with coverage starting at 7 a.m. ET yet again. For those interested, that is 4 a.m. local in Los Angeles. Goal Zone wraps up all the major moments throughout the day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday on NBCSN following each day’s games.
NBC Premier League Commentators
All of the following times are in Eastern Time. For more information, check out the Premier League Schedule on World Soccer Talk.
Friday, Oct. 22
Saturday, Oct. 23
10 a.m. — Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle. Peacock Premium. — Tony Jones and Efan Ekoku.
10 a.m. — Southampton vs. Burnley. Peacock Premium. — Gary Taphouse and Tony Gale.
Sunday, Oct. 24
9 a.m. — Brentford vs. Leicester City. Peacock Premium. — Jacqui Oatley and Matt Upson.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family