Liverpool (AFP) – Everton have been dealt another big injury blow with the news that Abdoulaye Doucoure faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a broken foot.
The 28-year-old midfielder suffered the injury during the Blues’ 1-0 defeat to West Ham on Sunday.
The Frenchman is undergoing further tests to determine the full extent of the problem but Everton have ruled out surgery.
“Everton can confirm that Abdoulaye Doucoure has suffered a stress response in a bone in his foot,” the club said in a statement.
“Contrary to reports, Doucoure will not require an operation.”
Doucoure suffered a fractured foot earlier this year and missed seven league matches last season due to the problem.
He has been a key player for Everton this campaign, scoring two goals and providing four assists in the Premier League.
His is the latest injury to a key member of Rafael Benitez’s squad.
England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin has not played since August, while Brazilian international Richarlison has missed the last five games with a knee injury.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Silva says Man City know what he wants amid Barcelona links
- Zamalek president jailed for insulting rival
- Peacock TV wishlist of improvements to enhance streaming service
- ‘Very good’: Werner says Flick encouraged him to return to Leipzig
- Alexis Sanchez joins Marseille after leaving Inter
- CAF launches new Super League to boost clubs
- Qatar World Cup start brought forward to November 20: sources
- Qatar World Cup to start a day early on November 20: sources
- Everton succumb to injuries and lack of talent early on in season
- Where to find the MLS All-Star Game vs. Liga MX on US TV