Paris (AFP) – AC Milan left-back Theo Hernandez has tested positive for Covid, just days after his France team-mate Adrien Rabiot contracted the virus, his club said Wednesday.
The 24-year-old played alongside Rabiot in France’s Nations League semi-final against Belgium last Thursday, scoring a 90th-minute winner.
Rabiot was ruled out of the final after testing positive for Covid, but Hernandez played the full 90 minutes in the world champions’ 2-1 triumph over Spain.
“Theo Hernandez, who has returned from the national team, has tested positive for a swab carried out at home,” Milan said in a statement. “The relevant local health authorities have been informed and the player is doing well.”
Milan, who sit second in Serie A, host Hellas Verona on Saturday.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season