Connect with us

EPL Commentator Schedule

Premier League commentators on NBC, gameweek 7

Premier League Commentators gameweek 7

The Premier League commentators on NBC have another busy slate of fixtures for gameweek seven. A top-of-the-table clash, early Champions League positioning and two top-10 teams on strong form highlight the docket.

As you wake up on Saturday and Sunday, NBC’s studio show Premier League Mornings gets you all the information. The show starts at 7 a.m. ET on NBCSN on both Saturday and Sunday. Rebecca Lowe joins Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe behind the desk. The trio also host Premier League Live between games and Goal Zone at the end of each day’s action.

Getting things started on the pitch, the fourth- and fifth-placed teams in the current Premier League Table face off. Manchester United, which lost last weekend at home to Aston Villa, host Rafa Benitez’s Everton.

Following the game at Old Trafford, there are four games in the 10 a.m. window. Notably, Chelsea hosts Southampton. The Saints already took a point in games against Manchester United and Manchester City.

Finally, Saturday’s games conclude with Arsenal hosting Brighton. Brighton is quietly sitting at sixth in the table with 13 points. Meanwhile, Arsenal looks to continue their strong run of form, with three straight Premier League victories behind them.

Sunday features the game of the week perhaps throughout the soccer world. After three 9 a.m. games, Liverpool hosts Manchester City at 11:30. These teams combine for the last four Premier League crowns. Albeit, Pep Guardiola’s side have three of those. Both teams expect to be in the title picture this year. Their early season form says no different.

Additionally, Goal Rush will be available for the 10 a.m. Saturday. The whip-around show keeps you up-to-speed on all the goals and action in real time from throughout the grounds.

Premier League commentators schedule for NBC

All times listed in eastern time.

Saturday, Oct. 2

7:30 a.m. — Manchester United vs. Everton. NBCSN, Universo, fubo TVSling BlueHulu + Live TV— Peter Drury and Jim Beglin.

10 a.m. — Leeds United vs. Watford. NBCSN, fubo TVSling BlueHulu + Live TV— Tony Jones and Stephen Warnock.

10 a.m. — Chelsea vs. Southampton. USA Network, Universo, fubo TVSling BlueHulu + Live TV— Gary Taphouse and Leon Osman.

10 a.m. — Burnley vs. Norwich City. Peacock Premium. —  David Stowell and Rob Green.

10 a.m. — Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle. Peacock Premium. — Jonathan Beck and Efan Ekoku.

12:30 p.m. — Brighton and Hove Albion vs. Arsenal. NBC, Peacock Premium, Universo, fubo TVSling BlueHulu + Live TV— Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux.

Sunday, Oct. 3

9 a.m. — Crystal Palace vs. Leicester City. NBCSN, fubo TVSling BlueHulu + Live TV— Jim Proudfoot and Andy Townsend.

9 a.m. — Tottenham vs. Aston Villa. Peacock Premium. — Phil Blacker and Lee Hendrie.

9 a.m. — West Ham vs. Brentford. Peacock Premium. — Andy Bishop and Tony Gale.

11:30 a.m. — Liverpool vs. Manchester City. NBCSN, Telemundo, fubo TVSling BlueHulu + Live TV— Arlo White, Graeme Le Saux and Lee Dixon.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
30 Comments

30 Comments

1. Ra

October 5, 2021 at 9:24 am

@Michael F. Thanks for the tip. I checked it – it is 2 hours long. I will add it to my plans this weekend, as I am not interested in the WC qualifiers; no interesting games based on the schedule.
    My plans for the weekend are Brasileirao, F1, and now this.

2. Michael F

October 4, 2021 at 7:31 pm

@Ra. There is a one hour ‘Premier League Review’ show with only highlights and short interview clips of all the matches that airs at 9pm eastern on the 24/7 PL tv channel. It also airs again the next day I believe but I am not sure when. Unfortunately, it is not available on-demand.

There is a longer studio highlight show called ‘The Weekend Review’ with full analysis that is available on-demand. Don Hutchinson is one of the pundits (he’s always showing up on ESPN FC).. I watch it all the time. It’s excellent.

3. Ra

October 4, 2021 at 2:58 pm

Do you guys know if any matches are being streamed in super wide format (21:9)?
    I was looking for a new monitor and saw this description

Reveal the game’s hidden sides – Ultrawide Game View
    Keep your eye on the win. Adjust your screen to 21:9 to discover hidden areas in game scenes with Ultrawide Game View. Now when you play soccer games, see more of the pitch right up to the goalposts. And in driving games, get a natural and encompassing view of the road ahead.

My initial reaction is that I might as well use my 3D glasses as well … 🙂
    The only games filmed in 3D are the ones that manufacturers use in the demo loop, so a complete bs. I am assuming the same is true for 21:9…

4. Ra

October 4, 2021 at 2:51 pm

@Michael F. I don’t know if this is an ESPN or Bundesliga production, but I love this format. A couple of weeks ago, I learned in this forum that it is available shortly after the last match of the week on Sunday 3-4pm-ish. It suits me great as I do not have the patience for full interviews or historical matches.
    Is there something similar for the EPL (on-demand, timely, <1 hr in duration, short interviews, some context and geography)?

5. Michael F

October 4, 2021 at 1:02 pm

@Ra. I checked that Bundesliga highlight show out. Pretty good stuff. I like a highlight show that gives you some interview snippets to get reactions from the managers and/or players. It’s why I like the 24/7 PL channel and it’s on-demand shoulder programming for the EPL. They brand and market their league so well.

6. Ra

October 3, 2021 at 8:31 pm

@JP. You’re a Napoli fan I assume, based on your enthusiasm. They are my favorite team in Italy as well; I have family that lives close.

7. Ra

October 3, 2021 at 8:12 pm

@Michael F. Yes, I think we have much more in common than differences. I found the BBC motd which I’ll watch later.
    If you have ESPN+ I suggest to check the Bundesliga MD7 highlight show. It was a great soccer weekend in Germany as well.

8. Michael F

October 3, 2021 at 7:31 pm

@Ra. Understood. Everyone has their preferences. I can respect that.

9. JP

October 3, 2021 at 6:13 pm

*Napoli!

10. JP

October 3, 2021 at 6:12 pm

@Ra, don’t know, was too busy watching Naplir continue their perfect Serie A season 😁

11. Ra

October 3, 2021 at 4:44 pm

@Michael F. Thanks for the suggestion, but I decided not to give Peacock a single dollar until they change their policy. I get it elsewhere.
    I don’t like to feel like a 2nd rate subscriber but I will sign up again the moment they reconsider it.

12. Michael F

October 3, 2021 at 4:21 pm

@Ra. I recommend that you reload the Peacock app and watch the replay tomorrow. It was a classic match. So entertaining.

13. Ra

October 3, 2021 at 3:50 pm

@JP The resolution on my Telemundo rebroadcaster is poor. I think it is SD quality. Do you get better image? I ended giving up after a minute.

14. James

October 2, 2021 at 1:04 pm

Surprised but pleased to see the return of Goalrush – where has it been for the first 6 gameweeks?

• Christopher Harris

October 2, 2021 at 1:54 pm

It’s been available since the beginning of this season, so it appears it’s a decision by Peacock and NBC Sports not to show it until today.

15. Michael F

October 2, 2021 at 9:38 am

@Ra Good question. I will say that I also have no strong allegiance to any one club. I do like certain teams more than others and sometimes it changes over the course of one season to the next based on the manager, and/or his style of play etc.

I love watching the underdog do something special. See what clubs can overcome adversity and meet challenges and expectations they face. I am now very intrigued to see if Pep can win back to back titles yet again without a true #9 striker. I do like Liverpool because they are a fun watch. But also Brighton and Brentford are too (this is what makes promotion/relegation so special – every season has a fresh new story). I am always impressed with how Sean Dyche can always get Burnley to play above their talent level and give top clubs a challenge. Love seeing how David Moyes is back managing well after a few recent failed stints prior, as West Ham is a serious top 6 club today. I am intrigued to see if Arteta can execute his long term plan to make Arsenal a serious top 4 club again. I have sympathy for a guy like Steve Bruce and think Nuno and Tottenham are not a good fit, and that Spurs fans deserve so much more. Love watching Jamie Vardy play any weekend. Love watching any derby or rival that gets over hyped because that’s why we watch this beautiful game.

I just like to follow the league as a whole for fun.

16. Ra

October 2, 2021 at 8:50 am

@JP. Thanks! Problem solved.

17. JP

October 2, 2021 at 8:23 am

@Ra, you can watch Liverpool/City….on Telemundo

18. Weber Niraschtoe

October 2, 2021 at 8:08 am

Peter and Jim on the United Everton game, a brilliant way to start off a great weekend of Premier League.

19. Ra

October 2, 2021 at 8:01 am

@Michael F. I would not say all games, but I would watch Liverpool vs City indeed. But I don’t support any specific EPL teams. What teams do you support?

20. Michael F

October 1, 2021 at 11:40 pm

@Ra. All I said was keep it clean. I have no conflict of interest. You are the one going hysterical over this endless rant to bring everyone over to your side of thinking to constantly whining about a cable conglomerate.

I have no side in this war of yours. I just watch soccer and am interested in staying on topic to articles posted here by WST, not listen to your endless criticism and whining over something you refuse to pay for. It is you that has a conflict of interest. It’s obvious that you want to watch all Premier League matches… as You can’t stop talking about the fact you are shut out of it.

21. Ra

October 1, 2021 at 9:39 pm

@Michael F. The initial post was not directed at you. So why bother? What’s up with this unconditional love for NBC? Conflict of interest? I simply don’t get it.

On my end, I think it is insane for them to restrict acess to games for the many people who don’t and won’t have cable. It doesn’t make sense if they indeed want to grow the league.

Why here? I would watch the Sunday game if it was available on streaming.

22. Michael F

October 1, 2021 at 6:47 pm

@Ra. Let’s keep it clean, shall we?

23. SteveK

October 1, 2021 at 6:17 pm

Nice to see Goal Rush return as an option, I’ve missed that this season. I’m Arlo White neutral but really like Lee Dixon and Le Saux in the booth together. I do appreciate when a network makes the effort to put bodies in stadiums rather than commentating off a TV screen somewhere else.

24. Ra

October 1, 2021 at 5:35 pm

@Michael F. It became a hobby… 🙂

And before I forget – Cumcast is the worst!

25. R.O

October 1, 2021 at 5:13 pm

Liverpool vs. Manchester City. . — Arlo White, Graeme Le Saux and Lee Dixon. 🙁
    Just not a fan of Arlo White. Talks way to much about stuff that’s not related to the game his commenting on. Then he’s so wrapped up in what he’s saying, he tends to miss important action on the field (pitch). Would have preferred Peter Drury and Jim Beglin.

26. Michael F

October 1, 2021 at 4:58 pm

@Ra. Maybe you should take a deep breadth and go get some air. Comcast seems to be getting under your skin too much.

What on earth does your last comment have anything to do with this article post on Premier League commentators?

I am sincerely not trying to start something here, but for heavens sake… you’ve made your point a hundred times already about your distaste for Comcast/NBC/Peacock. We get it. Can we move on?

27. Ra

October 1, 2021 at 4:27 pm

And then Comcast wants to bundle their stupid, useless Peacock with YouTube TV.
    I did myself a favor and deleted this app from every single device I own.
    I don’t want them to harvest my info and I get upset every time I see the logo.

If they (ever) decide to improve it, I would recommend a complete re-branding.

28. Fishlips McGee

October 1, 2021 at 2:27 pm

Tony Gale does “Goal Rush” with Phil Blacker if there were simultaneous kickoffs in 2 windows on the same day.

Joe Speight and Don Hutchison does “Goal Rush” in the primary window each day

29. cmasia

October 1, 2021 at 2:17 pm

Anyone know what’s become of Gary Birltes?
    Love that guy. He had no problem being blunt about what he was seeing – both good, and especially bad!

Although he has West Ham this weekend we don’t see much of Tony Gale anymore either, . Love him, too.
    Is he doing more studio work for IMG?