London (AFP) – England forward Jadon Sancho has been ruled out of the World Cup qualifiers against Andorra and Poland after suffering a “minor knock”.
Sancho missed England’s 4-0 win in Hungary on Thursday due to the problem he suffered in training.
The 21-year-old will play no part against Andorra at Wembley on Sunday or in Wednesday’s clash with Poland in Warsaw.
“Following further assessment, the 21-year-old has returned to his club and is expected to recover in time for Manchester United’s fixture with Newcastle United on Saturday September 11,” an English Football Association statement said on Saturday.
Sancho has featured in all of United’s Premier League matches since joining Borussia Dortmund in the close-season.
He made his first start for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team in the 1-0 win at Wolves before the international break.
Sancho, who has three goals in 22 appearances for England, saw his penalty saved in the Three Lions’ shootout defeat against Italy in the Euro 2020 final in July.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Ten-man RB Leipzig win German Cup final on penalties
- La Rochelle boost Top 14 play-off hopes ahead of Euro final
- Fiorentina beat Juve to reach Conference League, Atalanta out of Europe
- ‘Very happy’ Mbappe snubs Real Madrid to stay at PSG
- Lyon beat Barca to claim eighth Women’s Champions League
- Which countries are FIFA World Cup rivals?
- Rangers lift Scottish Cup trophy after Europa League heartache
- Mbappe set to snub Real Madrid and stay at PSG
- Rangers win Scottish Cup to erase Europa League heartache
- Kaizer Chiefs draw and miss out on Africa next season