Berlin (AFP) – Borussia Dortmund striker Youssoufa Moukoko, 16, became the youngest player to represent and score for Germany Under-21s in a 6-0 win over San Marino on Thursday.
He is the first 16-year-old to play for Germany’s Under-21s, and hit the net twice in the first half as the visitors raced into a 5-0 lead at the break in Serravalle in a European Championship qualifier.
Last season Moukoko broke the record for the youngest player to appear in the Bundesliga, the day after his 16th birthday. He then became the youngest to play in the Champions League, aged 16 years and 18 days.
He also claimed the record as the Bundesliga’s youngest goalscorer when he struck in Dortmund’s 2-1 defeat at Union Berlin last December, lowering the previous record by more than a year.
He has scored three goals for Dortmund in 17 appearances in Germany’s top flight.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family