Paris (AFP) – David Turnbull scored twice as Celtic eased past FK Jablonec of the Czech Republic 3-0 on the night and 7-2 on aggregate to reach the Europa League play-offs on Thursday.
Already 4-2 to the good from the first leg, the outcome of the return match in the final qualifying round was rarely in doubt.
Turnbull, 22, scored his first goal of the season after 25 minutes and added a second just before the hour.
James Forrest put away a deserved third after 72 minutes to send Ange Postecoglou’s side into a play-off against AZ Alkmaar of the Netherlands.
After battling to a creditable 1-1 draw in Turkey last week, St Johnstone were defeated at home by Galatasaray 4-2.
The 5-3 aggregate win gave the experienced European campaigners a play-off tie with Randers of Denmark.
Mbaye Diagne, Kerem Akturkoglu, Sofiane Feghouli and Emre Kilinc were all on target for the Turkish side.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season