Sunday’s UEFA EURO 2020 Final on ESPN, Univision and TUDN set a record as the most-watched European Football Championship match ever in the United States with an audience of 9,388,000 viewers.
On ESPN, the viewership was 6,488,000. On Spanish-language television, Univision’s TUDN drew impressive viewership this past weekend with the Euro 2020 Final delivering 2.9 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.4 million Adults 18-49, becoming the most-watched European Championship match on Spanish-language television in the United States. Euro 2020 on Univision’s networks combined to deliver an average of 1.2 million Total Viewers 2+ and 523,000 Adults 18-49 across the tournament’s 11 televised matches.
Meanwhile, the Copa América final between Brazil and Argentina delivered 3.5 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.7 million Adults 18-49, marking a double-digit increase in both demos over the 2019 final on Telemundo and becoming the fifth most-watched program on television for the entire week.
Following the start of the Copa América Quarterfinal Round, matches on Univision’s flagship network averaged 1.8 million Total Viewers 2+ and 907,000 Adults 18-49 over the tournament’s final 8 matches (excludes third place match). In total, the Copa América on Univision’s networks delivered a combined average of 1.1 million Total Viewers 2+ and 539,000 Adults 18-49 across the tournament’s 28 matches.
The Gold Cup is off to a fast start following the tournament kick-off Saturday night as Mexico met Trinidad and Tobago. Airing on Univision, the match averaged 2.4 million Total Viewers 2+ and 1.3 million Adults 18-49, becoming the 7th most-watched program on television for the entire week. In addition, the USMNT tournament debut on Sunday netted the team’s largest Gold Cup group stage audience on any network since 2015, with 1.3 million Total Viewers 2+ and 604,000 Adults 18-49 on Univision.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family