Madrid (AFP) – Atletico Madrid striker Joao Felix underwent right ankle surgery in Porto on Friday, his club said in a statement,.
The striker could be out for two months Spanish media reported.
The 21-year-old, who appeared as a substitute in Portugal’s 1-0 loss to Belgium at Euro 2020, has been in pain since December when he fractured his foot.
“Joao Felix was operated on his right ankle by Professor Niek van Dijk, from the University of Amsterdam,” said Atletico on Friday.
“The surgery was performed this morning in Porto, under the supervision of the medical services of Atletico Madrid.”
The Spanish champions have not specified how long Felix, who joined the club from Benfica for 127 million euros in 2019, will be out of action but the Spanish press is reporting a two-month recovery time.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family