The long-delayed South American World Cup qualifying marathon is set for Rounds 7 and 8 in early June and Integrated Sports Media, the leader in pay-per-view soccer matches, has got the games covered for you.
While fuboTV has the exclusive rights to streaming all of the games, Integrated Sports will offer the matches live via pay-per-view on cable, satellite and telco via iN Demand, DIRECTV, DISH, FIOS and AT&T U-Verse along with commercial establishments across the US.
The 10 nations involved in qualifying for the 2020 World Cup in Qatar have played only four matches each because games have been postponed three times because of the coronavirus pandemic that has ravaged parts of the continent.
The round-robin qualifying tournament calls on each nation to play home and away against nine opponents for a total of 18 matches, which will send the top four qualifiers to Qatar with a fifth nation involved in an intercontinental playoff.
Because of the delays and postponements, qualifying in South America will spill over into March 2022, with the World Cup finals slated to begin in the Middle Eastern nation in late November. The tournament will run from Nov. 21 to Dec. 18, 2022.
“The changes in the calendar seek to minimize the burden of travel and avoid complications in the busy schedule that South American football has this year,” CONMEBOL said in a statement on its website.
Because of the postponement, subsequent rounds this year will require three match days each in September, October and November to get the region back on schedule. In all, South American nations and players could be asked to play 21 international matches over the next 10 months — in addition to their global club commitments.
After four games, Brazil sits atop the qualifying table with a perfect 4-0-0 record and an impressive 12 goals scored, while yielding only a pair of goals to the opposition. The Seleção’s perennial rival Argentina is 2 points behind in second place after being held to a 1-1 draw against visiting Paraguay back in November. In Round 7, Brazil will host Ecuador (3-0-1), which sits in third place having only dropped points in a loss at Argentina in October. In Round 8, Brazil is scheduled to play at Paraguay (1-3-0), which is desperate for points after playing to draws in its last two games.
Argentina is poised to host struggling Chile (1-1-2) in Round 7 and then play at Colombia (1-1-2) in Round 8.
The schedule for Rounds 7 and 8 is as follows (all times Eastern):
Thursday, June 3
Bolivia vs. Venezuela, La Paz, 4PM
Uruguay vs. Paraguay, Montevideo, 6PM
Perú vs. Colombia, Lima, 10PM
Argentina vs. Chile, Santiago del Estero, 8PM
Friday, June 4
Brazil vs. Ecuador, Porto Alegre, 8:30PM
Tuesday, June 8
Venezuela vs. Uruguay, Caracas, 6:30PM
Colombia vs. Argentina, Barranquilla, 7PM
Paraguay vs. Brazil, Asuncion, 8:30PM
Chile vs. Bolivia, Santiago, 9:30PM
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family