Porto (Portugal) (AFP) – Kevin De Bruyne is a major doubt for Belgium’s Euro 2020 campaign after suffering two facial fractures in Manchester City’s Champions League final defeat to Chelsea on Saturday.
De Bruyne was helped off the field in tears after colliding with Antonio Rudiger on the hour mark in Porto.
The midfielder’s left eye immediately appeared swollen.
Without his creativity, Chelsea comfortably held out for a 1-0 win to keep City waiting for Champions League glory.
“Just got back from the hospital,” De Bruyne posted on his Twitter account on Sunday.
“My diagnosis is acute nose bone fracture and left orbital fracture. I feel okay now. Still disappointed about yesterday obviously but we will be back.”
Belgium’s first match of the Euro is in 11 days’ time against Russia in Saint Petersburg.
Roberto Martinez’s team then face Denmark and Finland in what should be a comfortable group for the number one ranked side in the world.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family