Berlin (AFP) – Bayern Munich plan to show paper tickets a red card and go green by using only digital ticketing once fans are able to attend home games next season, it was announced Tuesday.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all home games at Bayern’s Allianz Arena stadium have been played behind closed doors since March 2020.
However, once hygiene restrictions are lifted and fans can attend home games again, the club world champions plan to stop using paper tickets and put all ticketing online for 2021/22.
“Sustainability, conservation of resources and reduction of CO2 emissions are central issues at FC Bayern,” said club vice-chairman Jan-Christian Dreesen.
He claims that by stopping the use of paper or plastic for tickets, Bayern can also eliminate “around 350,000 printed letters that were previously sent by post”.
Bayern, who are seven points clear at the top of the Bundesliga with three games left, are poised to be confirmed league champions for the ninth straight season on Saturday.
30+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes TUDN, GolTV, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more