Paris (AFP) – Neymar on Sunday promised a warrior-like performance from Paris Saint-Germain in their Champions League semi-final with Manchester City as his team attempts to overhaul a first-leg deficit.
PSG are 2-1 down as they attempt to reach the final for the second successive year and Brazil star Neymar is aiming to turn things around on Tuesday and give the French champions a chance of becoming European champions for the first time.
“We had a very difficult first leg against Manchester City but we have to believe, never mind what the stats say or what our percentage chances of winning are,” Neymar said in a statement two days before the match at the Etihad Stadium.
“I think every Parisian should believe in us. I am on the front line and I will be the first warrior to go into battle for the team.
“I will do everything to secure qualification whatever happens, even if we need to die out there on the field.”
On Saturday PSG struggled to a 2-1 win over Lens in Ligue 1 and Neymar admitted that there was a certain tiredness within the squad.
“A large part of the team was tired, more mentally than physically, and we need to recover as quickly as possible,” he said.
PSG can still win three major trophies this season as they sit one point behind Ligue 1 leaders Lille and are also in the semi-finals of the French Cup.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Rangers on US TV
- Where to find Inter vs. Barcelona on US TV
- Where to find Frankfurt vs. Spurs on US TV
- Thomas Partey’s health is necessary for Arsenal and Ghana
- Vinícius and Foden should be in the ‘best young talent’ talk
- US Soccer releases report detailing abusive behavior in NWSL
- Book review of ‘How to Win the World Cup’ by Chris Evans
- Manchester United defeat highlights Ten Hag’s need for rotation
- 5 must-see Champions League games in matchday three
- Where to find Leicester City vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV