London (AFP) – Manchester City suffered a major injury scare just 11 days before the first leg of their Champions League semi-final against Paris Saint-Germain as Kevin De Bruyne was forced off with an ankle injury in Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea.
The Belgium playmaker came off worst in a challenge with N’Golo Kante just two minutes into the second-half and hobbled off to be replaced by Phil Foden.
City reached the last four of the Champions League for the first time in five seasons under Pep Guardiola with victory over Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday.
However, the loss of De Bruyne would be a huge blow to City’s hopes of winning European football’s premier club competition for the first time.
PSG host the runaway Premier League leaders on April 28 with the return leg at the Etihad Stadium just six days later.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & MLS
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more