London (AFP) – West Ham midfielder Declan Rice will reportedly be sidelined for a month due to a knee injury suffered on international duty with England.
Rice, who had previously played every minute in the Premier League this season, was absent for the Hammers trip to Wolves on Monday as David Moyes’s men look to move fourth in the table.
“It’s disappointing. We knew after the England game he wasn’t going to be available,” said Moyes.
“We’ve been over the disappointment of that feeling and it gives other people opportunities and that’s what squads are for and, hopefully, we’ve got the squad to deal with it.
“We know we’re missing a good player but the team’s been playing really well.”
Rice wrote on Twitter: “Rehab has started. Gutted to be missing the game tonight.
“Overwhelmed by all the support but I’ll be back in no time.”
Sky Sports and the BBC reported Rice will be sidelined for at least four weeks.
The 22-year-old has established himself as a regular starter for England under Gareth Southgate.
Rice has over two months to prove his fitness for Euro 2020 with England’s first match against Croatia on June 13.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches
- Messi claims he had trouble finding himself at PSG
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar
- Premier League should be decreased to 18 teams, says David Dein
- Southgate holding England back from being world beaters
- Where to find Mexico vs. Peru on US TV
- Where to find Czech Republic vs. Portugal on US TV
- Where to find Spain vs. Switzerland on US TV
- Where to find Scotland vs. Ireland on US TV