London (AFP) – West Ham midfielder Declan Rice will reportedly be sidelined for a month due to a knee injury suffered on international duty with England.
Rice, who had previously played every minute in the Premier League this season, was absent for the Hammers trip to Wolves on Monday as David Moyes’s men look to move fourth in the table.
“It’s disappointing. We knew after the England game he wasn’t going to be available,” said Moyes.
“We’ve been over the disappointment of that feeling and it gives other people opportunities and that’s what squads are for and, hopefully, we’ve got the squad to deal with it.
“We know we’re missing a good player but the team’s been playing really well.”
Rice wrote on Twitter: “Rehab has started. Gutted to be missing the game tonight.
“Overwhelmed by all the support but I’ll be back in no time.”
Sky Sports and the BBC reported Rice will be sidelined for at least four weeks.
The 22-year-old has established himself as a regular starter for England under Gareth Southgate.
Rice has over two months to prove his fitness for Euro 2020 with England’s first match against Croatia on June 13.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & MLS
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more