Paris (AFP) – Neymar will not be available for Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League decider with Barcelona after failing to shake off a thigh injury, the French champions said on Tuesday.
In a statement, PSG said that Brazil forward Neymar “will continue his individual training”, saying that a new assessment would be made “in the coming days”.
The 29-year-old had begun training with the squad again last week but will not return in time for Wednesday’s last 16, second leg clash with his former club at the Parc des Princes.
Neymar has been out of action since mid-February after picking up the thigh injury in PSG’s French Cup victory over Caen.
The injury meant he also missed the first leg at the Camp Nou, which PSG won 4-1.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family