Italian National Team standout and one of the greatest soccer players of his generation, Alessandro Del Piero has joined ESPN as a soccer analyst. Del Piero will appear on ESPN FC, the critically acclaimed daily soccer studio program exclusive to ESPN+. He will make his debut on Saturday, March 6, at 8 p.m. ET, providing postgame analysis on Juventus vs. Lazio match (2:45 p.m.) and other Serie A matchups of the day.
Del Piero’s professional career spanned 23 years, including 19 seasons at Juventus FC, the most heralded club in Italian soccer. One of the country’s most iconic players, Del Piero began his career with Padova in 1991 and made his first-team debut at 17 years old in a Serie B match in March 1992. In the 1993-94 season, Del Piero joined Juventus FC where he still holds multiple club records including appearances, goals scored, among others and wore the Captain’s armband for a record 11 consecutive seasons. He made his last professional appearance in December 2014 after playing his final pro season in Australia’s A-League and in the inaugural season in the Indian Super League.
At the National Team level, Del Piero appeared in more than 90 matches for Italy from 1995-2008 and he ranks fourth in team history with 27 goals. He represented the Azzurri in three FIFA World Cup tournaments and four UEFA European Football Championships, including the 2006 FIFA World
Cup Germany where Italy triumphed. Del Piero scored an unforgettable 92nd minute goal in the semifinal against host Germany setting up Italy’s World Cup victory in an emotional shootout that sealed the win.
“I am super excited about joining the ESPN FC roster. I’ve watched how fast the USA fan base for soccer has grown over the past five years, the emergence of terrific young American players and the ever growing popularity of the game among fans,” said Del Piero. “I’m looking forward to bringing all my experience on the pitch and passion for the game to the ESPN FC broadcast booth.”
Rodolfo Martinez, Vice President, Production, ESPN International and Deportes, added: “A world-class player who led both his club and country to championships, Alessandro Del Piero will bring a high level of experience and analysis to ESPN FC’s global football coverage.”
Del Piero is the latest addition to ESPN FC’s already impressive roster of soccer pundits, joining fellow FIFA World Cup champions Jurgen Klinsmann (Germany, World Cup 1990) and Frank Lebeouf (France, 1998). The program’s other former professionals with national team experience include: Craig Burley (Chelsea FC; Scotland National Team), Steve Cherundolo (Hanover ’96; USA), Jan Åge Fjørtoft (Eintracht Frankfurt; Norway), Herculez Gomez (Los Angeles Galaxy; USA), Shaka Hislop (West Ham United; Trinidad and Tobago), Don Hutchison (Everton; Scotland), Kasey Keller (Tottenham Hotspur; USA), Alejandro Moreno (Los Angeles Galaxy; Venezuela), Steve Nicol (Liverpool; Scotland), Stewart Robson (Arsenal; England), and Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution; USA).
ESPN FC complements the industry-leading live soccer lineup. With more than 2900 live soccer matches per season, from the Bundesliga, Serie A, FA Cup, MLS, Copa del Rey, Eredivisie, Belgian First division, English Football League Championship and more.
In addition to his role with ESPN, Del Piero will continue as a pundit with Sky Sports Italia. Still a popular ambassador for many celebrated brands from his playing career, Del Piero is also a highly successful entrepreneur. He currently resides in Los Angeles where he opened a world-class Italian restaurant named No. 10, representing his jersey number as well as owning a professional development soccer team, named LA10 FC and is a co-founder of EDGE Americas Sports.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Premier League’s most underrated XI in the 2021/22 season
- Marseille secure Champions League place as Bordeaux go down
- RB Leipzig win first German Cup trophy
- Ten-man RB Leipzig win German Cup final on penalties
- La Rochelle boost Top 14 play-off hopes ahead of Euro final
- Fiorentina beat Juve to reach Conference League, Atalanta out of Europe
- ‘Very happy’ Mbappe snubs Real Madrid to stay at PSG
- Lyon beat Barca to claim eighth Women’s Champions League
- Which countries are FIFA World Cup rivals?
- Rangers lift Scottish Cup trophy after Europa League heartache