Berlin (AFP) – Borussia Moenchengladbach confirmed on Friday that their Champions League, last 16, return leg away at Manchester City is due to go ahead as planned at the Etihad Stadium on March 16.
“If we had had problems continuing our match operations in the Bundesliga, Manchester would have had to look for an alternative venue. But that is not the case,” said Gladbach sport director Max Eberl.
Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City cruised to a 2-0 win in last week’s first leg, which was moved from Moenchengladbach to Budapest because of Germany’s Covid-19 travel restrictions.
The German club has a mountain to climb in the second leg in Manchester against the Premier League leaders.
City are currently on a 21-match winning streak in all competitions, while Gladbach have lost their four games since it was announced head coach Marco Rose is leaving at the end of the season to join Dortmund.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Silva says Man City know what he wants amid Barcelona links
- Zamalek president jailed for insulting rival
- Peacock TV wishlist of improvements to enhance streaming service
- ‘Very good’: Werner says Flick encouraged him to return to Leipzig
- Alexis Sanchez joins Marseille after leaving Inter
- CAF launches new Super League to boost clubs
- Qatar World Cup start brought forward to November 20: sources
- Qatar World Cup to start a day early on November 20: sources
- Everton succumb to injuries and lack of talent early on in season
- Where to find the MLS All-Star Game vs. Liga MX on US TV