Berlin (AFP) – World Cup winner Benjamin Pavard returned to training with Bayern Munich on Wednesday after a fortnight in quarantine following his positive test for Covid-19.
The 24-year-old France defender took part in a running session after a medical check-up, the club world champions said in a statement.
The right-back had been quarantined at home after testing positive for Covid-19 on February 18.
Along with team-mates Thomas Mueller, Leon Goretzka and Javi Martinez, Pavard is the fourth and most recent Bayern player to test positive for the coronavirus this year.
Mueller, Goretzka and Martinez have all since returned to training and played for Bayern.
Pavard could be an option for Saturday’s Bundesliga match at home to Borussia Dortmund with Bayern two points clear at the top of the Bundesliga table.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season