Berlin (AFP) – World Cup winner Benjamin Pavard returned to training with Bayern Munich on Wednesday after a fortnight in quarantine following his positive test for Covid-19.
The 24-year-old France defender took part in a running session after a medical check-up, the club world champions said in a statement.
The right-back had been quarantined at home after testing positive for Covid-19 on February 18.
Along with team-mates Thomas Mueller, Leon Goretzka and Javi Martinez, Pavard is the fourth and most recent Bayern player to test positive for the coronavirus this year.
Mueller, Goretzka and Martinez have all since returned to training and played for Bayern.
Pavard could be an option for Saturday’s Bundesliga match at home to Borussia Dortmund with Bayern two points clear at the top of the Bundesliga table.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family