Madrid (AFP) – La Liga’s bottom side Huesca dismissed coach Michel Sanchez on Tuesday after a run of just one win in 18 games, while Alaves sacked Pablo Machin with the club just above the relegation zone.
Huesca have lost four of their last five matches to fall six points adrift of safety following their promotion to Spain’s top division for just the second time.
Alaves parted ways with Machin following a poor series of results that has left the club in 16th place and only two points clear of the bottom three.
Machin oversaw a 2-1 victory over defending champions Real Madrid in November, but his team has won just once in seven games since and only four times in the league all season.
The former Sevilla and Espanyol boss had been lined up to take over at Qingdao Huanghai in China in July but pulled out for personal reasons, reportedly after one of his relatives caught Covid-19.
Machin will be replaced on an interim basis by assistant Javier Cabello, Alaves said in a statement.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Sling Blue to air over 50 Premier League games through year end
- Where to find Denmark vs. France on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Manchester City on US TV
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches
- Messi claims he had trouble finding himself at PSG
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar
- Premier League should be decreased to 18 teams, says David Dein
- Southgate holding England back from being world beaters
- Where to find Mexico vs. Peru on US TV