Milan (AFP) – AC Milan coach Stefano Pioli is self-isolating at home after testing positive for coronavirus, the Serie A club announced on Saturday.
The Italian league leaders said Pioli, 55, was not displaying any symptoms and that all other test results for players and staff came back negative.
“Stefano Pioli has tested positive following a quick test carried out this morning. The health authorities have been informed, and the coach… has gone into quarantine at home,” the club said in a statement.
Milan cancelled a training session scheduled for Saturday but are due to resume preparations for next weekend’s trip to Napoli on Monday, pending checks set out in the health protocol.
Pioli’s side are unbeaten in Serie A this season, winning five of their opening seven matches, and are two points clear of Sassuolo.
Napoli, who lost their appeal over a 3-0 defeat and one-point deduction for failing to turn up to play Juventus last month, are another point back in third.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Tuchel tells Chelsea to prepare for ‘rebuilding’ to keep up with rivals
- Charlotte vs Chelsea tickets on sale for July 20 clash
- ‘Uncomfortable’ Magath plots against old club Hamburg in play-off
- Senegal probing feared homophobic attack by mob
- Lampard warns Everton against treating Palace clash as ‘all-or-nothing’ game
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women soccer teams
- PSG’s Gueye asked to explain absence after homophobia accusations
- Europa League Final on TV: Rangers vs. Frankfurt details
- Liverpool’s Klopp has ‘no reason’ to talk to Gerrard before title climax
- Where to find Rangers vs. Frankfurt Europa League Final TV