CBS Sports today announced additional details of its multi-platform coverage of the 2020-21 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League Group Stages, with CBS All Access streaming all matches.
For all UEFA Champions League Group Stage match days, beginning on Tuesday, Oct. 20 and Wednesday, Oct. 21, CBS Sports’ eight hours of live coverage, including new programming across platforms, will feature an expanded roster of talent.
Nico Cantor will host “The Golazo Show,” a live whip-around program airing on CBS Sports Network and CBS All Access when six matches are being played simultaneously during the UEFA Champions League Group Stage match days. “The Golazo Show” will also feature a rotation of analysts throughout the season, including Jamie Carragher, Micah Richards, Alex Scott and Peter Schmeichel.
Cantor previously hosted TUDN’s Zona Futbol, the Spanish-language whiparound show that aired on TUDNxtra. With the addition of Cantor to CBS Sports, the popular Spanish-language analyst and commentator has now officially left TUDN.
Jules Breach will host a new UEFA Champions League highlights show with additional analysts including Julien Laurens, featuring highlights from all of the day’s matches. The show will be available on demand on CBS All Access following the matches and post-match coverage.
Also joining the studio and digital coverage teams will be Jenny Chiu, who will report on-site for all platforms.
For all UEFA Europa League Group Stage match days, beginning on Thursday, Oct. 22, CBS Sports HQ will deliver extensive surrounding coverage, including a pre-match show beginning at 12 PM, ET as well as halftime and post-match coverage, available for free on CBS Sports Digital platforms and on CBS All Access. As previously announced, CBS Sports HQ will begin CBS Sports’ eight hours of live match day coverage for the UEFA Champions League Group Stage with a pre-match show at 11 AM, ET and end with a post-match show at 6 PM, ET. CBS Sports HQ will also deliver a weekly UEFA preview show on Monday at 1 PM, ET.
Analysts DaMarcus Beasley, Jimmy Conrad, Luis Garcia, Ian Joy and Aly Wagner will lead CBS Sports HQ’s coverage, along with contributors including James Benge, Jonathan Johnson, and Christina Unkel, and anchor Poppy Miller.
CBS Sports Digital also expands its on-demand offerings with the daily soccer podcast, “¡Qué Golazo!,” hosted by Luis Miguel Echegaray. Every day, the podcast will deliver commentary, analysis, gambling insights and more, covering the latest in Europe and beyond.
Additionally, CBS Sports Network will re-air an encore match on each UEFA Champions League match day, followed by a re-air of the post-match show.
“As we begin the first full season of our momentous partnership with UEFA, we continue to deepen our investment in soccer coverage across CBS All Access and all CBS Sports platforms,” said Jeffrey Gerttula, Executive Vice President and General Manager, CBS Sports Digital. “The extensive lineup of live and on-demand programming for every UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League Group Stage match day, led by a growing group of talent with deep experience spanning all facets of the game, will deliver the credible and informative programming that soccer fans expect.”
The dates for the UEFA Champions League Group Stage are: Match day 1 (Oct. 20-21), Match day 2 (Oct. 27-28), Match day 3 (Nov. 3-4), Match day 4 (Nov. 24-25), Match day 5 (Dec. 1-2) and Match day 6 (Dec. 8-9). Each match day will feature two matches at 12:55 PM, ET and six matches at 3 PM, ET. Additional details on the schedule for each UEFA Champions League Group Stage match day can be found here.
The dates for the UEFA Europa League Group Stage are: Match day 1 (Oct. 22), Match day 2 (Oct. 29), Match day 3 (Nov. 5), Match day 4 (Nov. 26), Match day 5 (Dec. 3), and Match day 6 (Dec. 10). Each match day will feature 12 matches at 12:55 PM, ET and 12 matches at 3 PM, ET.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Napoli thump Verona as Osimhen racially abused
- Tuchel and Conte charged after Battle of the Bridge
- Man City’s Mendy was ‘predator’ pursuing women, rape trial hears
- New Brentford book captures heart of club: Just a Bus Stop in Hounslow
- Spurs midfielder Lo Celso joins Villarreal on loan
- African players in Europe: Dream home debut for Awoniyi
- Where to find Juventus vs. Sassuolo on US TV
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Crystal Palace on US TV
- Famous clubs battle for Champions League group slots
- Alaba free-kick gives Real Madrid win to start title defence