Connect with us

Leagues: EPL

Peacock adds on-demand Premier League TV Channel shows

You’ve been asking for it, and now you have it. Beginning this week, Peacock TV has begun making programming from their Premier League TV Channel available on-demand for soccer fans.

Previously, shows from Premier League were only available via the live-streamed Premier League TV channel on Peacock. That was fine if you’re able to watch programming in real time, but in today’s age where many of us are watching programming on-demand at times that fit into our schedule, the addition of select programming on-demand is a smart move. Meanwhile, the live Premier League TV channel featuring shows from Premier League Productions is still available under the ‘Channels’ section of Peacock TV.

To find the Premier League shows on-demand on Peacock, they’re located under the ‘Sports’ tab. Scroll down to the ‘Latest Episodes’ category and you’ll see several shows added daily every weekday.

Peacock TV are adding the most popular Premier League TV shows available on-demand including:

• Weekend Review
• Fanzone
• Premier League Today
• Fantasy Premier League
• Kelly and Wrighty
• Weekend Preview

If you like what you see, you can subscribe to Peacock Premium for $5 per month, which includes access to 175 exclusive Premier League games per season live and on-demand.

With the enhancements mentioned above, it shows that the executives at Peacock are listening to fans of Premier League clubs. As we can see, Peacock TV is heading in the right direction. Hopefully more features will be added in the near future too that soccer fans crave.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
  • Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
  • Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more

43 Comments

43 Comments

1. MIB Fan

August 9, 2022 at 10:05 pm

Chris, it looks like PLTV made some major changes this offseason. Can you get us an updated show list and times? It looks like The FPL Show has been converted to podcasts.

• Christopher Harris

August 10, 2022 at 8:06 am

I’ll check to see what I can find out. It’s like getting details from Fort Knox sometimes.

• Charles Bobis

August 10, 2022 at 12:02 pm

Chris, I know it’s early days, and things might improve, but I wanted you to be aware that at least as of today, Peacock has not made much of the PLTV programming available on demand under the heading of “latest PLTV programs.” As of 11:39 am on August 10, 2022 there is only an episode of netbusters from 8/8/22 and the first weekend review show of the season from 8/8. The first Kelly & Wrighty show of the season, which was broadcast on Monday I think, is being shown again on PLTV as I write this message, but is not available on demand. Instead they have broken it into segments adding up to about 40 min. and placed them under the “top stories” videos play list. I also caught a bit of a “new” show called GenerationXg or something like that with Matt Holland, Karen Carney and Leroy (?) which I think used to be called the analysis show. The first Fan Zone of the new season is also not available on demand.

PLTV has new studios with all the high-tech bells and whistles, but they still don’t publish a schedule of the programing, which is frustrating. I have written to Peacock “customer care” (support@help.peacocktv.com) numerous times to request such a schedule, but none has been forthcoming. Do they expect subscribers to be streaming PLTV 24/7 in order to catch their favorite shows? How inconsiderate!

2. Michael F

October 30, 2020 at 9:03 am

Btw… i never implied it was all paid subscriptions. I interpret ‘sign-ups’ as anyone who created an account on Peacock to watch content, which is still quite a large number.

3. Michael F

October 30, 2020 at 8:49 am

Nick Portch… I am curious. When on west coast is the on-demand matches available on Peacock for those telecasted on NBC Sports network? They post those matches at 9pm est on Peacock on the east coast. I am quite sure all matches telecasted on Peacock are available almost immediately after the match is completed.

4. Nosferatu

October 30, 2020 at 2:57 am

Michael, I know what you mean about taking these approaches to remember where all the games are while avoiding spoilers. I tend to leave a tab open all weekend showing the listing of games here on WST–ideally the ones listing the commentators, since I frequently want to refer back to that without spoilers.

The Peacock user info is interesting because they don’t specify how many of those 22 million are paid subscribers. I have to imagine a good number are on the free tier (or using it through Comcast for free). I’d love to know the truth, though, about how they’re feeling about it and how much the Premier League is driving traffic. I can’t really see too many draws on there outside of the PL, plus Parks and Rec and, starting next year, The Office.

5. NICK PORTCH

October 29, 2020 at 11:01 pm

lets be honest, if you want to watch the early game on Saturday on Peacock, you have to get up at 430am pst, with no on demand till later, and no DVR system available, you are screwed, what are people doing? Also the 22 million sign ups are not for subscription side of the Peacock platform.

6. Michael F

October 29, 2020 at 2:38 pm

Nosferatu… you have valid points. It can be confusing. It does require staying on top of which match is on where. For those non-casual viewers of the Premier League (like myself), it just takes being a little proactive. I take a snap shot of the upcoming match week schedule during the mid week from the fixtures tab on the official Premier League web site that shows the telecast listing. I know… that’s a bit over the top, but it helps to avoid any spoilers.

NBC is doing something right. Just read that Peacock has reached nearly 22 Million sign-ups since its launch.

7. Nosferatu

October 29, 2020 at 5:32 am

I should say that despite my criticisms of Peacock, I have been a fan of NBC’s coverage–very few complaints until they started changing things up.

We’ll see what happens once the schedule returns to normal (with the return to several simultaneous 3 p.m. local time starts), but what we’ve had so far this season with games jumping back and forth between networks (such as: early game on NBCSN, second game on Peacock, third game on NBC, fourth game on Peacock) with Premier League Mornings and Goal Zones all over the place and often lost to the ether if not watching live, really does seem to be doing such a disservice to the more casual Premier League fan in this country.

It’s so convoluted! It feels like a better approach would be to just shunt all the Peacock games to one day, all the NBC/NBCSN games to another, simply as a means of not confusing and frustrating the audience (and, I would assume, losing viewers because they can’t just settle in and watch).

I mean, it must be a great boon (I hope!) for Chris and this site, because lord knows you need to do your homework anew every weekend and then check and double-check to make sure you don’t miss a game or four.

8. Michael F

October 27, 2020 at 6:44 pm

Barry… i fully agree. I also want to point out that more Premier League shoulder programming is now available on Peacock and for FREE subscribers via the 24/7 Premier League tv channel. Also, more on demand programming like the 2 Robbies that was not available on NBC Sports Gold.

Despite all the negativity i have read about regarding NBC’s live match coverage from comments posted on this site, i think NBC’s coverage of the Premier League is outstanding. Great studio show before, during and after each match. The storylines and analysis beyond the matches themselves. Who can beat that? Conversely, i think ESPN + analysis coverage of the euro leagues is not nearly as in depth with regards a specific league. They only discuss the top tier teams. I personally hope NBC extends their contract of the Premier League beyond 2022. I think they’ve been great.

9. Barry

October 27, 2020 at 9:32 am

Comparing Peacock’s, CBS All Access’ or ESPN+ price to NHL.TV or MLB.TV is an apples to oranges comparison. Peacock offers tons of non soccer programming, as does ESPN+ and CBS All Access. NHL.TV and MLB.TV are exclusively about their sport. Maybe you don’t care about any other programming except soccer, but I am pretty sure the majority of subscribers to services like CBS All Access do.

10. Michael F

October 25, 2020 at 8:21 pm

Fair enough reply on the live on-demand controls that are lacking on Peacock broadcasts. Thanks.

11. Nosferatu

October 25, 2020 at 2:50 pm

@Michael, like I said, I don’t have a problem actually paying for the service–and I am–but I just would like Peacock and CBS All Access to utilize the same technology as comparable services, like those you mentioned and ESPN+. It just makes these services feel frequently frustrating and unnecessarily inferior when you know that the technology is readily available.

And if you compare prices, yes, the NFL is exorbitant, but MLB.tv (which I get for free) is $121.99 for close to 162 games per team, which is a better deal per game than Peacock, and NHL.tv (which I pay for) is $139.99 for around 82 games per team, which is pretty comparable to the per-game price of Peacock. Better, in fact, depending on how many games your favorite team is on NBC/NBCSN. And these services offer live on demand controls and the like, so while it is a lot of money, I don’t really have a problem paying it because I’m getting a product whose quality feels like it matches the price.

12. Michael F

October 25, 2020 at 1:10 pm

Thanks for the correction on Espn+. They didnt have that feature for live baseball or hockey games, but maybe thats changed or its available for soccer matches. Perhaps its a contract agreement with those providing the broadcast feed.

13. JP

October 25, 2020 at 11:36 am

“And btw, ESPN+ also does not provide ability to pause a live broadcast.”

Completely false statement, all pause/rewind/forward functions are available on ESPN+ live broadcasts.

14. Michael F

October 25, 2020 at 9:16 am

Nosteratu… I hate to rain on your parade of complaints. But how about some perspective here. In this country of USA, it costs several hundreds of dollars to watch all NFL games or well over hundred for all NHL, NBA or MLB games in a season. TV contracts for these pro leagues are nothing new, Compare to the English Premier League, where some matches are on NBCSN, and where you have to pay a small fee of $5 a month to Peacock to have access to ALL their matches (some live and some delayed (posted at 9pm eastern) and all on them on demand after the day is over. Sure, Bundesliga (for example) is now exclusively all on ESPN+ stream service… but it pales in comparison to the brand and presentation of the English Premier League. It’s massively popular for a reason.

If you already subscribe to live TV thru cable or satellite or some live TV stream service to watch matches on NBCSN, I hardly think it could possibly break your budget to pay $5 more for Peacock if you feel it’s important to watch any match you desire. And if people really are on a strict budget and can’t afford live TV thru cable or satellite etc… then Peacock is a great alternative to get all Premier League matches available to them.

I live in America and I can go a whole day without knowing match results from England, and watch them on delay. It’s not that difficult if one wanted to take that approach.

I just think all this complaining is over the top. Peacock is a very reasonable subscription service fee when comparing them to the market of all live sports. And btw, ESPN+ also does not provide ability to pause a live broadcast.

15. Nosferatu

October 24, 2020 at 1:49 am

I actually think Peacock might be faster about getting games up on demand after they finish–at least the games that were on Peacock in the first place. The NBC/NBCSN games are another story.

But the point remains that this is the biggest drawback to these streaming services, the biggest downgrade from having them on TV in the first place. Hell, it probably annoys me more than having to pay extra for these services!

You wait all week for a game and then either are fortunate to be able to watch with no distractions, or you’re faced with the conundrum: either miss parts of the game, or wait for the replay while avoiding any mention of the score. It’s just crazy that with all the technological advances out there–including this, which we know exists–they have the gall to charge us while not offering the simple ability to pause the live broadcast.

16. Ritchie

October 23, 2020 at 1:29 pm

I’ll stick this here since it is WST’s most recent article on Peacock.

The main complaint I am still hearing about the service is that that you can’t pause and rewind games. Many people with families can’t necessarily watch games uninterrupted all the way through on weekend mornings.

On the other hand, if you miss the game altogether, you have to wait some arbitrary amount of time to see the on-demand version.

Some people think this simple omission makes the product close to unusable for many potential customers.

Peacock isn’t alone in this regard: CBSAA doesn’t allow pausing or rewinding of games either. However, since they are shown on weekdays and replays are available immediately, it is less of a hinderance to properly consuming the game.

17. cm asia

October 22, 2020 at 3:49 pm

In recent years, I subscribed to the NBC Sports Gold packages for the Premier League and Rugby Pass.
    NBC announced today the Rugby Pass will now join the Premier League included with Peacock Premium.

Suddenly, PP is a way better deal than the 2 “Gold” packages.

Also, is it me, or is the Peacock frame rate better than what was used on “Gold”?

18. Charles

October 19, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Thanks for the information Chris. Adding those shows on demand certainly adds value for the EPL football subscriber. I see that they have put up the fan zone and weekend review shows from today, October 19, 2020. I do have a question about the “Goal Zone” program which until now was accessible via NBC sports to cable subscribers like me. Now that they have moved it to Peacock for some matchdays, I have not been able to find it on the Peacock app for viewing. For instance, I could have sworn that Rebecca Lowe said that Goal Zone would follow on Peacock after Saturday’s Man Untd. / Newcastle game. But I can’t find it anywhere on Peacock. Any idea what is going on with Peacock and the Goal Zone program?
    Thanks for your help.
    Best,
    Charles

19. Edward

October 14, 2020 at 9:06 pm

doesn’t seem like The Analysis Show is on demand yet

20. Michael F

October 13, 2020 at 11:32 am

Since you are in a location where can stream (not in rural territory where option is limited) , If I may say so… I am not sure it’s a very good investment to stay with DirecTV, I am with YouTube live TV stream and it’s been terrific. Have no issues streaming matches and replays off NBC Sports network or any sports or event. YouTube TV has an outstanding menu interface, and how can you beat unlimited DVR cloud with 9 months expiration.

Aside from your concern over frames per second video on Peacock, the menu interface and navigation is head and shoulders better than NBC Sports Gold – which was shared menu content with other sports subscriptions. I didn’t care for that . And at $5 per month, I honestly don’t see why so many folks are griping. You have to pay for sports content anywhere and for all leagues. This is nothing new. It’s a reasonable subscription, considering all that Peacock offers aside from Premier League coverage.

21. David

October 12, 2020 at 9:39 pm

I must admit that I rarely watched NBC Sports Gold on Apple TV as my team (Chelsea) were rarely featured. On the rare occasion I watched the channel, it was usually via a computer connection. Now that Peacock has many more of the Big Six games I suppose I’ll have to put up with the inferior picture, though why NBC can’t get its act together, goodness only knows. I’ve had problems this season watching NBCSN replays on the NBC Sports app via an Apple TV with content being unavailable even though I have a DirecTV subscription (the “Oops” error message. I wrote to NBC and they wrote to say that there is a bug on my Apple TV device and I should reset it meaning that I’d have to lose and then replace all my other apps. (And yet on another TV in the house with a different Apple TV attached, I have no problem watching NBCSN replays.)

Oh, the joys of streaming.

22. Michael F

October 12, 2020 at 1:20 pm

Fair enough David. But did NBC Sports Gold provide 60 fps video for premier league matches? I had it for two seasons, and i do not recall.

23. David

October 11, 2020 at 11:58 pm

I disagree with Michael F. I view Peacock via an Apple TV 4th gen on a 1.2Gbps connection. The limited frames per second do NOT give comparable video to NBCSN, CBS All Access and ESPN+, all of which give a much smoother reproduction on a 120 inch screen.

24. Michael F

October 11, 2020 at 2:55 pm

Picture quality is fantastic on Apple TV 4th gen or any Apple devices. As good as ESPN + or any streaming app.

25. JFH

October 11, 2020 at 11:27 am

Too bad the picture quality is still sub-par. Especially compared to ESPN+. The difference is very noticeable, especially on Roku app. Streaming from Android to Chromecast is a bit better but still not close the crystal clear picture ON ESPN.

26. Eric T

October 9, 2020 at 9:40 pm

Yeah, I installed the app manually as you suggested but since I have an older model, the Peacock app doesn’t work properly (can’t stream any video). I watch it fine on my PC and tablet of course, but it would be nice to have the official app sooner than later.

• Christopher Harris

October 9, 2020 at 9:47 pm

Just in case you haven’t tried it, be sure to restart the Amazon Fire TV Stick from the settings option, so it completely reboots. This has to be done in order for it to work properly.

27. hmmm

October 9, 2020 at 1:14 pm

The UK broadcasting model is more complex that in international markets. The UK gets 5 live matches each weekend but all matches were made available during Covid lockdown. The Premier League have now changed that stance and the ‘extra’ matches will no longer be available via existing broadcast partners and will instead move to the Sky Sports Box Office and BT Sport Box Office PPV channels for £14.95 each. This is only for 5 matches each round though, and the biggest matches will remain on Sky and BT regular subscription channels.

It doesn’t affect any broadcasting contract elsewhere in the world – UK only.

28. Eric T

October 9, 2020 at 1:12 pm

Do you happen to have any clue on how talks with Amazon are progressing? Any chance they’ll get a breakthrough soon?

29. Marc

October 9, 2020 at 11:56 am

Gaffer, I Just read that Sky is shifting most of their EPL matches to PPV starting next weekend. Have you heard if this will change anything over here?

• Christopher Harris

October 9, 2020 at 12:26 pm

This shouldn’t change anything here. It’s just a UK issue since they’re trying to figure out a way to broadcast games in the UK that weren’t originally intended to be televised on UK television.

30. Edward

October 9, 2020 at 9:22 am

They do show MatchDay Live Extra hosted by Steve Bower on weekends after NBC’s coverage

31. Jeff

October 9, 2020 at 3:20 am

While it’s a decent start, it would be good if Peacock can eventually offer all PLTV programs on demand (like NBC Sports Gold did)

32. El jefe

October 9, 2020 at 1:29 am

Does anybody know if this channel includes classic matches? Thanks

33. Abdi

October 9, 2020 at 12:39 am

Edward, that would be impossible since NBC Sports is airing their post match and match day live shows at the same time. If they do that and air the PLTV’s Match Day Live at Peacock, Alot of people wouldn’t have watched NBC Match day live because in my opinion, PLTV have superior coverage for the pre and post match day live coverages and have EX premier league legends as their pundits like Wrighty, Giggs, Hoddle, Owen, Scholes etc.

34. David Rowley

October 8, 2020 at 9:50 pm

Until I can subscribe EASILY from Amazon Prime, count me out!

I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one feeling that way. (?)

35. Edward

October 8, 2020 at 8:15 pm

any plans for the weekend shows like the post match review shows like Matchday Live?

36. Michael F

October 8, 2020 at 6:12 pm

Outstanding! Thanks for the update Chris.