Los Angeles (AFP) – Jonathan Klinsmann, the son of former Germany and United States national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann, has signed with Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Galaxy, the team announced Thursday.
The 23-year-old goalkeeper joined following stints Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin from 2017-19 and then at Swiss side St. Gallen as well as US youth national teams.
“Jonathan is a young goalkeeper with valuable experience playing in Germany and Switzerland while representing his country on various levels,” Galaxy coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto said. “We think he can continue to progress as a member of the LA Galaxy.”
Munich-born Klinsmann grew up in Southern California as his father, a World Cup winner as a player, guided the US national team from 2011-2016.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family