Milan (AFP) – Ivorian international midfielder Seko Fofana has signed for newly-promoted Ligue 1 club Lens from Italian side Udinese, both clubs announced on Tuesday.
“Udinese Calcio announces that it has reached an agreement with Racing Club de Lens for the sale of Seko Mohamed Fofana,” Serie A outfit Udinese said in a statement.
Financial details were not revealed but the transfer fee is reported to be worth around 10 million euros ($12 million), with Fofana signing a four-year contract with Lens.
Lens general manager Arnaud Pouille said that the signing of the 25-year-old French-born player was “the most significant investment made by the club”.
The former Manchester City player joined Udinese in 2016 after loan spells at Fulham and Bastia.
“I had other offers but I asked myself the right questions,” said Fofana, adding he was “impatient” to discover his new team where he joins former Bastia teammates Jean-Louis Leca and Yannick Cahuzac.
Fofana played 119 games for Udinese, scoring 13 goals, with the club finishing 13th in the Italian top flight last season.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- ESPN wants FIFA 2030 World Cup rights
- Record crowd sees England women off to winning start at Euro 2022
- Veteran France keeper Mandanda joins Rennes after Marseille exit
- Italy’s Pessina moves to ambitious Monza on loan
- Adams joins American contingent at Leeds
- Veteran France keeper Mandanda set for Rennes after Marseille exit
- Chelsea closing in on deal for Man City’s Sterling – reports
- Belgium golden generation’s last chance at winning World Cup
- Dortmund swoop for Haller to fill Haaland void
- Frenkie de Jong not for sale, says Barca chief