Glasgow (AFP) – Scottish champions Celtic signed Switzerland striker Albian Ajeti from West Ham in a reported £5 million ($6.5 million) deal on Thursday.
Ajeti agreed a four-year contract with the Glasgow club after a failed spell in the Premier League.
The 23-year-old joined West Ham a year ago but his three starts all came in cup competitions and he failed to score in 12 appearances.
He was top goalscorer in the Swiss league with Basel in the 2017-18 season and played alongside current Celtic winger Mohamed Elyounoussi.
“I have admired him for long time as he is a really intelligent footballer, well balanced and a really good finisher,” Celtic manager Neil Lennon said.
“We are so pleased to make him a Celtic player and we hope he has a long and prosperous career with us.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Haaland warns Premier League much more to come after dream debut
- RB Leipzig held at Stuttgart, Cologne defeat 10-man Schalke
- Haaland double gives Man City dream start, Man Utd beaten by Brighton
- Haaland’s debut double gives Man City’s title defence lift off
- Dortmund sign Cologne striker Modeste as Haller replacement
- RB Leipzig held at Stuttgart despite Nkunku strike
- Ten Hag loses first game as Man Utd manager to Brighton
- Ramsey scores on Nice debut to rescue draw in Toulouse
- Germany defender Nico Schulz under investigation for domestic violence
- Ronaldo on the bench for Ten Hag’s bow as Man Utd boss