When it comes to paying to watch soccer through streaming services, most of the costs are already low especially if you’re paying less than $10 per month for many of them.
Having said that, you can save even more when you sign up for annual plans to the popular soccer streaming services. With many of the leagues getting ready to start up again soon, now’s the time to take a closer look at the savings. After all, with most soccer leagues overseas running smoothly except for a few exceptions, the likelihood is that all of us will be watching our favorite clubs even more closely during the next 12 months and beyond.
With personal finances tightening for some of us, here’s our research on how you can save when you sign up for an annual plan. We reviewed many of the popular ones to find out how you can save $50. Take a look at our numbers:
|Streaming service||Monthly price||Annual price||Annual savings|
In addition to saving a considerable amount of money every season, annual plans have other advantages too:
1) You don’t have to worry about remembering to update your subscriptions if your credit card number or expiration date changes,
2) You can lock in annual savings that you won’t get as a monthly subscriber. A perfect example of this is ESPN+, which increased their monthly rate from $4.99 to $5.99 in August 2020. For those ESPN+ subscribers who signed up for the annual plan of $59.99, that annual rate increased in January 2021.
3) With the $50 you save every year if you get those 4 streaming services mentioned in the chart above, you can consider adding other streaming services for you and your family. For example, you can upgrade your ESPN+ subscription from just ESPN+ to the Disney Bundle that includes ESPN+, Hulu and Disney+ for just $9 more per month.
4) When you subscribe to an annual plan, you still get to enjoy the free trial. For example, when you subscribe to the Paramount+ 30-day trial before August 16 2020, you get the first 30 days for free before you get billed. And,
5) Last but not least, some streaming services offer other incentives when you sign up for annual plans or pay on a quarterly basis. For example, as of press time, Sling TV is offering a free AirTV mini when you prepay for two months.
So how do you get the annual rates that are sometimes hard to find?
When you sign up for your free trials to Paramount+, Fanatiz, ESPN+, Peacock Premium or Sling TV, you’ll get a choice to choose between the different plans available. Often, the annual rates are not featured prominently but you’ll see a link or option for an annual rate (see examples below).
Paramount+ (see annual plan check box underlined in red):
Note: If you’re already an ESPN+ monthly subscriber and want to get the annual rate, click here and then select the ‘Get ESPN+’ button (even if you already have it). You’ll be able to log in and then switch to the annual plan.
What leagues and competitions does each streaming service offer?
Fanatiz – For LaLiga, Ligue 1, Primeira Liga, and Turkish Süper Lig fans, Fanatiz allows access to all of the beIN SPORTS channels, as well as GolTV and Real Madrid TV plus Sevilla TV. At $7.99 per month, Fanatiz is a fantastic option for soccer fans wanting to follow multiple teams from all over Europe.
ESPN+ – ESPN Plus is also a great way to catch many live soccer games from around the world. For just $5.99 per month, subscribers have access to Bundesliga, Serie A, UEFA Nations League, Championship, League One, League Two, FA Cup, League Cup, MLS, Leagues Cup, US Open Cup, USL, International Champions Cup, Coppa Italia, Supercoppa Italiana, Eredivisie, Danish Superliga, Chinese Super League, Indian Super League, Australian A-League, Sweden’s Allsvenskan, and the FA Community Shield.
Peacock Premium – With Peacock Premium, Premier League fans in the United States can now access 175 matches per season, as well as a ton of shoulder programming from Premier League Productions and Sky Sports. At $4.99 per month, Peacock Premium also features access to current NBC shows, former classics, movies, and Peacock original content.
Paramount+ – For the next four years, Paramount+ has the rights to stream every single Champions League and Europa League game in the U.S. Plus, Paramount+ also streams television shows and movies as well.
30+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes TUDN, GolTV, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more