fuboTV has added the Russian Premier Liga to its free fuboTV Sports Network service.
fuboTV will debut its coverage of the Russian league on Sunday, August 9 and Tuesday, August 11 when it’ll offer a free preview of league matches. It’ll include Spartak Moscow vs. PFC Sochi on Sunday at 1PM ET as well as Tuesday’s 11AM ET match between FC Rotor Volgograd against Zenit St. Petersburg. Both matches are part of gameweek 1 of the 2020/21 season.
fubo Sports Network is a live, free-to-consumer TV network featuring sports stories on and off the field. Available on over 75 million devices, fubo Sports Network features original programming, live sports and programming from partners including USA Today, FanDuel, The Players Tribune, Stadium, VSiN, Campus Lore and more. You can watch for free on the fubo Sports Network website, Pluto TV, LG Channels, Samsung TV Plus, The Roku Channel, Vizio Channels and XUMO, or with a paid fuboTV subscription.
“We’re excited to bring Russian Premier League soccer to our fuboTV customers who watch fubo Sports Network, alongside the recent additions of several domestic and international premier sports properties including Major League Wrestling, Constellation Energy League baseball and the Israeli Basketball Premier League playoffs,” Ben Grad, head of content strategy and acquisitions at fuboTV, told World Soccer Talk. “We’re pleased that fuboTV and, now less than a year after its launch, fubo Sports Network, have achieved the brand awareness and scale such that premium sports properties value our platforms for reaching sports fans across devices – TV, mobile and more.”
Out of all of the live TV streaming services, fuboTV is the most comprehensive when it comes to its selection of soccer-related channels. While fuboTV has more than 100 TV channels, it has for soccer fans two big advantages over the competition: (1) It’s the only streaming service with the combination of ESPN, FOX Sports, NBC Sports, beIN SPORTS and Univision/TUDN. And (2) fuboTV has a long list of soccer-related channels including Chelsea TV, GolTV, FOX Soccer Plus, beIN SPORTS Connect, RAI, RTP Internacional and many others.
In previous years, the Russian Premier Liga has been on a merry-go-round when it comes to rights in the United States. For the 2013/14 season, beIN SPORTS had the exclusive rights before the rights moved to NGSN. More recently, the Russian Premier Liga was available this season via the league’s official YouTube channel.
With a league logo featuring what the Russian Premier Liga refers to as a “bear with eyes burning with passion,” the Russian Premier Liga have struggled for recognition in the post-Soviet era despite being ranked seventh by UEFA. Now on fuboTV Sports Network, maybe the Russian Premier Liga will get more limelight.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Euro glory would make Liverpool the best ever: McManaman
- Liverpool’s Salah eyes Champions League revenge against Real
- Claims stemming from Australia football probe referred to police
- Liverpool eye revenge against Real Madrid in Champions League final rematch
- Chile name Argentine Berizzo as new coach after World Cup qualification failure
- Canada Soccer cancels Iran football friendly: statement
- Paris readies for Liverpool fan invasion
- How to watch Champions League Final for free without cable
- Aston Villa to sign Sevilla defender Diego Carlos
- RB Salzburg midfielder Aaronson joins Leeds