Madrid (AFP) – Antoine Griezmann looks set to miss the rest of the season afer Barcelona said on Sunday the France attacker had a thigh injury.
The World Cup winner went off at half-time of Saturday’s 1-0 win over Valladolid after apparently asking to be subbed.
“He came off because he had a problem,” Barcelona coach Quique Setien said Saturday. “It was him who asked for the change.”
“Tests this morning have shown that first-team player Antoine Griezmann has a muscle injury in the quadriceps of his right leg,” Barca said on their website.
“He is therefore not available for selection at the present time,” a statement said of the 29-year-old who has scored 15 goals in 46 games this season.
It would appear Griezmann will miss Barcelona’s final La Liga matches with Real Madrid needing five points from their final three games to win the title.
Barca also face a Champions League last-16 second leg on August 8 after drawing 1-1 at Napoli before the lockdown.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ