Madrid (AFP) – Sevilla’s Czech goalkeeper Tomas Vaclik, who was carried off on a stretcher late in the victory over Eibar, has suffered a knee ligament sprain his club said on Tuesday.
Sevilla said that Vaclik “suffered a sprain of the internal lateral ligament in his left knee” on Monday night and that it was not yet clear how long he would be out.
Because Sevilla had used all their substitutes, Argentine winger Lucas Ocampos, who had earlier scored the only goal, took over in goal.
In the 11th minute of added time, he preserved the victory when he saved a close-range shot by opposing goalkeeper Marko Dmitrovic, who had come up for a corner.
The 1-0 victory cemented Sevilla’s grip on fourth place.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ