Sunday’s Merseyside Derby between Everton and Liverpool delivered a combined audience of 1.269 million viewers on NBC and Telemundo, making it the third most-watched Premier League match of 2020.
NBCSN also delivered the third and fourth most-watched weekday Premier League matches since 2014 (excluding holidays) with June 17’s match between Manchester City and Arsenal drawing 518,000 viewers to the network and June 19’s match between Spurs and Manchester United averaging 533,000 viewers.
Overall, the Premier League averaged 533,700 viewers in its first full week back, including a few mid-week matches.
Over on ESPN, Italian soccer is really struggling to bring in viewers mid-week with the June 17’s Coppa Italia Final between Juventus and Napoli only drawing 122,000 viewers, and a Monday Serie A match on June 22 drawing only 115,000 viewers.
The Premier League’s return also contributed to a large drop in Bundesliga viewership, with last Saturday morning’s 9:30 AM kickoff on Fox Sports 1 averaging just 65,000 viewers, down 73% from what the window had averaged since the Bundesliga’s return from their COVID-19 hiatus in May.
|1||6/21||Premier League||Everton / Liverpool||NBC: 997000 / Telemundo: 272000||1,269,000|
|2||6/20||Premier League||West Ham / Wolves||NBC: 716000 / Telemundo: 114000||830,000|
|3||6/21||Premier League||Aston Villa / Chelsea||NBCSN: 612000 / Telemundo: 173000||785,000|
|4||6/19||Premier League||Spurs / Manchester United||NBCSN: 533000 / Universo: 42000||575,000|
|5||6/17||Premier League||Manchester City / Arsenal||NBCSN: 518000 / Universo: 45000||563,000|
|6||6/20||Premier League||Brighton / Arsenal||NBCSN: 383000 / Universo: 15000||398,000|
|7||6/21||Premier League||Newcastle / Sheffield United||NBCSN: 272000||272,000|
|8||6/17||Premier League||Aston Villa / Sheffield United||NBCSN: 240000||240,000|
|9||6/19||Premier League||Norwich / Southampton||NBCSN: 217000||217,000|
|10||6/20||Premier League||Watford / Leicester City||NBCSN: 188000||188,000|
|11||6/17||Coppa Italia Final||Juventus / Napoli||ESPN: 122000||122,000|
|12||6/22||Serie A||Lecce / AC Milan||ESPN: 115000||115,000|
|13||6/20||Bundesliga||Bayern München / Freiburg||FS1: 65000 / UniMás: 46000||111,000|
|14||6/17||Bundesliga||Borussia Dortmund / Mainz 05||UniMás: 77000||77,000|
|15||6/20||Bundesliga||RB Leipzig / Borussia Dortmund||FS2: 67000||67,000|
|16||6/20||Bundesliga||Hertha Berlin / Bayer Leverkusen||TUDN: 12000||12,000|
|17||6/17||Bundesliga||Eintracht Frankfurt / Schalke 04||TUDN: 11000||11,000|
|18||6/16||Bundesliga||Freiburg / Hertha Berlin||TUDN: 7000||7,000|
30+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes TUDN, GolTV, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more