Milan (AFP) – Atalanta have activated their option to buy Croatian international Mario Pasalic from Premier League club Chelsea, the Serie A side said on Monday.
The 25-year-old midfielder had been on loan in Bergamo since July 2018 and the permanent deal reportedly cost Atalanta 15 million euros ($16.9 million).
“Mario Pasalic stays with us! Our #88 is an Atalanta player on a permanent basis!” the Italian club announced on Twitter.
“Over the past two years, Mario has made a significant contribution to achieving important milestones such as qualifying for the Champions League last season and reaching the quarter-finals of the current edition,” Atalanta added.
Atalanta are fourth in Serie A and have reached the Champions League last eight.
They picked up where they left off before the three-month coronavirus shutdown on Sunday with a 4-1 win over Sassuolo in Bergamo.
Pasalic joined Chelsea from Hajduk Split in 2014, before also going on loan to Elche, Monaco, AC Milan and Spartak Moscow.
The Croatian has played 75 times for Lombardy side Atalanta, scoring 15 goals, including seven this season, and setting up another 13.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find Jamaica vs. USWNT on US TV
- Haiti’s women footballers dream of international success
- ESPN wants FIFA 2030 World Cup rights
- Record crowd sees England women off to winning start at Euro 2022
- Veteran France keeper Mandanda joins Rennes after Marseille exit
- Italy’s Pessina moves to ambitious Monza on loan
- Adams joins American contingent at Leeds
- Veteran France keeper Mandanda set for Rennes after Marseille exit
- Chelsea closing in on deal for Man City’s Sterling – reports
- Belgium golden generation’s last chance at winning World Cup