London (AFP) – Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser is set to miss the rest of the season after rejecting a short-term contract extension with the Premier League strugglers.
Fraser will be out of contract at the end of June and has been strongly linked with a move to Tottenham when the transfer window reopens.
Bournemouth confirmed on Wednesday that the 26-year-old Scotland international has decided not to stay on past the current expiry date of his contract.
With the Premier League campaign resuming on Wednesday and running until late July, Fraser is only eligible for two matches and is unlikely to feature in either fixture.
Fraser, who joined Bournemouth from Aberdeen in 2013, is reported to have been offered a long-term contract extension by the Cherries last year, but he declined to sign it.
Meanwhile, Simon Francis, Andrew Surman, Artur Boruc and Charlie Daniels have agreed to see out the remaining nine games of the season with Eddie Howe’s side.
Relegation-threatened Bournemouth return to action after the three-month coronavirus break when they face Crystal Palace on Saturday.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Are World Cup tickets available for Qatar 2022?
- Minamino leaves Liverpool for Ligue 1 club Monaco
- Netherlands looks to snap World Cup dud at Qatar 2022
- Lukaku expected in Milan ‘this evening’ ahead of Inter return: CEO
- French minister apologises for Champions League chaos
- Where to find Corinthians vs. Boca Juniors on US TV
- Where to find USWNT vs. Colombia on US TV
- LAFC confirms 12-month Bale deal with options through 2024
- Barcelona unveils 2022/23 away kit to honor Olympics anniversary
- Favre new Nice coach as Galtier in PSG talks