Rome (AFP) – France World Cup winner Blaise Matuidi has tested positive for coronavirus but is currently asymptomatic, his club Juventus confirmed on Tuesday.
“Matuidi has undergone medical tests that have revealed his positivity to the Coronavirus-COVID-19,” the Italian champions said in a statement.
Juve added 32-year-old Matuidi, who lifted the World Cup in 2018, is currently “in voluntary home isolation”.
His club teammate Daniele Rugani was the first top-flight footballer to be diagnosed with coronavirus last Wednesday.
The 25-year-old was also asymptomatic and is currently self-isolating in a room at the team’s J-Hotel, beside the Italian champions’ training centre and the whole squad were all in quarantine after Rugani tested positive.
In total 12 Serie A players have been diagnosed with the illness which has killed more than 2,000 people in the Mediterranean country.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season