Four months after the news broke, Univision’s TUDN has finally confirmed that the U.S. broadcaster has renewed its agreement with UEFA to continue as the exclusive Spanish-language rights-holder of the UEFA Champions League for 2021/22 through 2023/24.
As part of the renewal, TUDN will continue to carry the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, and UEFA Super Cup contests, and has added UEFA properties in the UEFA Europa Conference League and UEFA Youth League to bolster a broadcast lineup that delivers more than 50% of all soccer viewership in the country regardless of language.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with the UEFA Champions League following a historic start for the property across the Univision portfolio of networks,” said Juan Carlos Rodriguez, president of Sports, Univision Communications Inc. “UEFA has strengthened our soccer profile and allowed us to bring the best fútbol in Europe to our fanáticos with the most-comprehensive coverage the league has ever-seen in the U.S. We have laid the foundation, and remain committed to delivering world-class coverage of the UEFA Champions League to our passionate fanbase for the next several years.”
TUDN’s unparalleled coverage of the UEFA Champions League brings fans every match from the season across Univision’s platforms, including more than 80 on linear networks Univision, UniMás, TUDN and Galavision, and additional contests available to subscribers of participating TV providers via TUDNxtra – accessible via the TUDN app, TUDN.TV and TV providers’ platforms. Subscribers can also access “Zona Fútbol,” a first of its kind whip-around program that brings viewers the best action from concurrent matches as it happens with exclusive analysis from TUDN’s soccer experts. Additionally, audio coverage of the UEFA Champions League matches is available on the TUDN Radio network and via the Uforia app.
During its first two years as the exclusive Spanish-language broadcast partner, TUDN has shattered all previous milestones for the property on U.S. television, including a landmark 2018/2019 which saw the competition deliver its most-watched season of all-time in the U.S., regardless of language. Additionally, TUDN’s telecasts of the UEFA Champions League have generated the two most-watched group stages for the property in the U.S., as well as recorded nine of the top 10 matches overall in the round. TUDN’s coverage of the 2019/2020 Round of 16 is currently underway with all matches available on Univision’s linear properties.
For English-language viewers, CBS will broadcast the UEFA Champions League from 2021/22 to 2023/24 across the CBS All-Access over-the-top streaming service as well as select games on the free-to-air CBS network.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & MLS
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more