Miami (AFP) – Inter Miami confirmed the signing of Mexico international midfielder Rodolfo Pizarro on Monday as the club prepares for its inaugural season in Major League Soccer.
Pizarro, 26, joins Miami after a successful two-year stint with Liga MX side Monterrey which included a domestic title in 2019 as well as the CONCACAF Champions League crown.
“We’re very happy to have a player of Rodolfo’s quality join the club,” Inter Miami sporting director Paul McDonough said.
“He is a creative midfielder who strengthens our roster and elevates everyone’s quality on the field.”
Pizarro’s move sees him reunited with Miami head coach Diego Alonso. The midfielder played for Alonso during stints at Monterrey and Pachuca in Mexico.
At international level Pizarro has made 25 appearances for Mexico since making his debut as a teenager in 2014.
Inter Miami, who are part-owned by English football icon David Beckham, make their MLS debut away to Los Angeles FC on March 1.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss
- Bundesliga in talks with private equity firms to sell media rights
- Gareth Bale debuts own craft beer ahead of World Cup
- Arsenal extend Adidas kit deal until 2030 on eve of derby win
- Where to find Crystal Palace vs. Chelsea on US TV
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Brighton on US TV